BULLDOGS WIN 4-3 IN PETERBOROUGH
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. The Hamilton Bulldogs avoided back-to-back losses with a 4-3 win in Peterborough Thursday night.
Peterborough got the only goal of the 1st period on the power-play.
Power-plays were big in the 2nd period as Hamilton scored twice with the man advantage thanks to goals from Will Bitten (18) and Arthur Kaliyev (22). Sandwiched in between was another power-play goal by the Petes as the two teams went to the dressing room tied 2-2.
By the mid-way mark of the 3rd period, the Bulldogs got back-to-back goals by Isaac Nurse (11) and Mackenzie Entwistle (8) 69-seconds a part to take a 4-2 lead. Things did get interesting after Hamilton's Robert Thomas was handed a 5-minute major penalty for slashing. The Petes managed to score their third power-play goal of the game to cut the lead to 4-3, but Bulldogs goalie Kaden Fulcher shut the door the rest of the way.
3 STARS: 1). Ryan Moore (HAM) 2). Pavel Gogolev (PBO) 3). Mackenzie Entwistle (HAM)
The win improves Hamilton's season record to 32-11-3-3.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2018
- BULLDOGS WIN 4-3 IN PETERBOROUGH - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Firebirds Host Sarnia Friday for First-Annual "Carload Night" - Flint Firebirds
- February Is Talk Today Month Across the Ontario Hockey League - OHL
- OHL Top Performers of the Month for January - OHL
- Red Deer Rebels to Host 2019 Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects - OHL
- 67's and CMHA Ottawa Team up at Friday's Game to Raise Awareness About Mental Health - Ottawa 67's
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.