Bulldogs to Open Training Camp on September 28th
HAMILTON, ON - The Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens, announced today that the club will open 2012 training camp on Friday, September 28th.
Hamilton Bulldogs training camp will commence on September 28th with medicals and physical testing at Bell Sports Complex in Brossard, Quebec. The team will then move to Sherbrooke, Quebec where they will practice at Complexe Sportif Thibault from Sunday, September 29th until Wednesday, October 3rd. The 'Dogs will also play two intra-squad games while in Sherbrooke. On Tuesday, October 2nd the team will take to the ice at the Complexe Sportif Thibault and on Wednesday, October 3rd at the Palais des Sports L?opold-Drolet. All on-ice sessions are open to the public.
The Hamilton Bulldogs training camp will be led under the guidance of head coach Sylvain Lefebvre, a former Montreal Canadiens defenceman. "I was raised in this area and had the opportunity to play during two seasons with the Canadiens AHL affiliate team in Sherbrooke, so I am delighted to be returning to the Eastern Townships to hold part of our training camp. We are convinced that hockey fans in the area will be happy to have a closer look at the young prospects of the organization", said Lefebvre.
On Thursday, October 4th, the Hamilton Bulldogs will travel to Trenton, Ontario to continue training camp with on-ice sessions and team-building activities at 8 Wing/CFB Trenton. On Friday, October 5th, the 'Dogs will practice and participate in a community skate at RCAF Flyers Arena, where on Saturday, October 6th, the team will hold a morning skate prior to travelling to Cobourg, Ontario for a pre-season game versus the Toronto Marlies at Cobourg Community Centre. All on-ice sessions are open to the public.
The Bulldogs will return to Hamilton where they are scheduled to practice on Sunday, October 7th and Monday, October 8th to prepare for their pre-season finale vs. the Toronto Marlies at Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre in Brantford, Ontario. On Tuesday, October 9th the team will take part in the 11th Annual Molson Canadian Hamilton Bulldogs Charity Golf Classic, in support of the Bulldogs Foundation, at Piper's Heath Golf Club. The 'Dogs will resume practice at Copps Coliseum on Wednesday, October 10th and Thursday, October 11th. On Friday, October 12th the Hamilton Bulldogs will conclude training camp at Wave Twin Rinks in Burlington, Ontario with an on-ice practice open to the public.
Time for all training camp sessions will be announced at a later date.
The Bulldogs' 17th season-opener is scheduled for Saturday, October 13th at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan where they will play the Griffins. The team's 2012-2013 home-opener is set for Friday, October 19th when they will host the Toronto Marlies at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.
2012-2013 Hamilton Bulldogs season tickets are on sale now! For as little as $10 per game, you can enjoy the many benefits of being a `Dogs season ticket holder such as reserved seating for all home games at Copps Coliseum, the option to redeem unused tickets for any other regular season game, discounts on team merchandise and access to exclusive season ticket holder-only events with the team. Convenient payment plans are available. For more information on how to join our team by becoming a Hamilton Bulldogs season ticket holder, call 905-529-8500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 5, 2012
- Single Game Syracuse Crunch Tickets Go on Sale Monday - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Sign Goaltender Taylor Nelson - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Sign Centre Zack Smith to Four-Year Contract Extension - Binghamton Senators
- Ice Hockey Tasmania & Gary Graham on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Bulldogs to Open Training Camp on September 28th - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Syracuse Crunch Promote Todd Cross to Senior Director of Ticket Sales - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Sign Courtnall to AHL Contract - Providence Bruins
- Brantford to Host AHL's "Battle of Ontario" - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hogs Join Lou Bachrodt in Fundraiser for Operation Homefront - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Announce Winners of Season Ticket Holder Championship Ring Promotion - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils and American Red Cross Aim for Successful Blood Drive - Albany Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.