Bulger and Stokes to Rehab with Bees
SALT LAKE CITY (August 6, 2010) - The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim announced today that right-handed pitchers Jason Bulger and Brian Stokes will begin rehab assignments with Triple-A Salt Lake. Both pitchers will be available in tonight's home game against the Oklahoma City Redhawks.
Bulger, 31, was placed on the Disabled List on June 11 with a right shoulder strain. He has appeared in one game of relief for Single-A Rancho Cucamonga as part of his rehab. Prior to his injury, he appeared in 22 games of relief for the Angels this season, owning a 3.74 ERA with 23 strikeouts. The Lawrenceville, Ga. native was originally drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first round of the 2001 draft and joined the Angels via trade in 2006.
Stokes, 30, was placed on the Disabled List on May 10 with right shoulder fatigue. He originally made a three-game rehab stint with the Bees in May, posting a 5.40 ERA with five strikeouts. Stokes began a new rehab assignment with Rancho Cucamonga on August 3, tossing one inning of relief for the Quakes. Prior to his injury, he appeared in 15 games of relief for the Angels this season. The Montclair, Calif. native was originally signed by the Tampa Bay Rays as a free agent in 1998 and joined the Angels via trade in January 2010.
The Salt Lake Bees continue an eight-game homestand tonight against the Oklahoma City Redhawks at 7:05 p.m. at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Book your summer group outing with the Bees while dates are still available by calling (801) 325-BEES.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 6, 2010
- Sounds Drop Third Straight To Reno, 6-2 - Nashville Sounds
- Beavers Ride 10-run Third To 13-6 Win Over Royals - Portland Beavers
- Sky Sox Win Pitcher's Duel Over Zephyrs 2-1 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sox walk off winners - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Beats Tacoma - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Blank Fresno 3-0 - Round Rock Express
- Bulger and Stokes to Rehab with Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Upcoming Round Rock Express Radio Broadcasts on Alternate Stations - Round Rock Express
- Toronto Blue Jays Disable Litsch: 51s LHP Brad Mills Promoted - Las Vegas 51s
- Lyles Promoted to Round Rock Express - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Fall to Fresno 8-1 - Round Rock Express
- Aces take second straight - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.