Buck's Inside the Park Homer Sparks Padres
Travis Buck hit the first inside-the-park home run in Tucson Padres history in a 6-1 win over the Salt Lake Bees Sunday at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Buck sent a deep fly ball to center field and Salt Lake's Trent Oeltjen crashed into the wall trying to make a leaping catch. As right fielder Matt Young raced over to pick up the ball, Buck rounded the bases and scored without a play at the plate. It was a three-run home run, his fourth homer of the season.
The Padres first run came on Brandon Allen's opposite-field home run to lead off the second inning. Allen scored again in the top of the sixth off Gregorio Petit's sacrifice fly to right field.
The Bees scored their first run of the game in the bottom of the seventh when Roberto Lopez hit a home run over the left-center field wall. Jaff Decker gave Tucson an insurance run in the top of the eighth with an RBI single.
Padres starter Robbie Erlin picked up his third win of the season after pitching five shutout innings, scattering two hits and striking out three without walking a Bees batter. Orangel Arenas lost his fifth game for Salt Lake, surrendering two runs on five hits and a walk.
Next Game: Monday, 5:35 pm at Salt Lake (Angels affiliate) - Tucson RHP Tim Satuffer (1-2, 4.56) vs. Salt Lake RHP Billy Buckner (3-1, 4.86). Game coverage begins at 5:25 pm on 1290 AM The Source and tucsonpadres.com.
Next Home Game: Tuesday, May 7 at 7:05 pm vs. Albuquerque. Free tickets are available at all eegee's locations.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 5, 2013
- RedHawks, I-Cubs Split Doubleheader - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Edge Reno, 6-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Lough Plays Hero with Walk-Off Winner - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Top Aces, 6-5 - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Put Z's to Bed - Albuquerque Isotopes
- River Cats Drop Game Three to 51s, 6-2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Zephyrs Downed by Albuquerque - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Buck's Inside the Park Homer Sparks Padres - Tucson Padres
- Round Rock Tops Nashville 5-1 for Fourth Straight Win - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Fall Again, 5-1 - Nashville Sounds
- 51s Host Round Rock & Albuquerque May 7-14 - Las Vegas 51s
- RHP Smith Returns to Topes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 5, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies Fall Behind Big Early, Lose 8-3 to Colorado Springs - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats Beat 51s 11-7 Before Sellout Crowd - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Fall Short against Zs - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Zephyrs Hold off Isotopes Rally to Earn the Win 6-5 in Albuquerque - New Orleans Zephyrs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.