Buck, Weber Propel Tucson past Salt Lake 9-1
Travis Buck's four RBIs and Thad Weber's five strong innings helped the Tucson Padres to a 9-1 win over the Salt Lake Bees Sunday afternoon at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Weber scattered five hits, did not walk a batter and struck out five in the Padres first win of the season.
The lone run Weber endured came in the second inning on Tommy Field's sacrifice fly to right field giving the Bees a 1-0 lead. Daniel Robertson prevented more runs from scoring in that inning with a diving catch in left-center field to end the frame. Tucson answered in the top of the third with a sac fly of their own from Gregorio Petit to tie the score.
The Padres jumped ahead 2-1 in the top of the fourth when Kyle Blanks blasted a long home run to left. Buck extended the lead to 4-1 in the fifth with a two-run home run over the right field wall. Tucson added three runs in the seventh inning on three hits and an error. Buck produced his fourth RBI of the day in the eighth with a single to center field scoring Dean Anna. Both Buck and Robertson finished the day with three hits and two runs.
Next Game: Monday, 5:35 p.m. in Colorado Springs (Rockies affiliate) - Tucson RHP Keyvius Sampson (0-0, -.--) vs. Colorado Springs RHP Aaron Cook (0-0, -.--). Radio broadcast begins at 5:25 pm on 1290 AM The Source and tucsonpadres.com.
Next Home Game: Friday, April 12 vs. Fresno (Giants affiliate) at 7:05 pm. Free magnet schedules to the first 2,500 fans courtesy of Tyson's Any'Tizers.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 7, 2013
- Gray, Choice Lead Cats to 8-4 Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Foiled By Fresno, 5-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Complete Sweep of Iowa - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Outlast Memphis 14-10 in Extras - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Top Sky Sox 14-1 to Split Series - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Buck, Weber Propel Tucson past Salt Lake 9-1 - Tucson Padres
- Isotopes Complete Sweep of Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Aces Earn Series Split with 14-1 Win - Reno Aces
- Sounds Fall to Zephyrs, 3-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs Defeat Nashville 3-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Falls to Omaha, 5-2 - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: April 7, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Albuquerque Curse Continues for Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Topes Win Third in a Row Behind Van Slyke, Pen - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Peterson Returns, Cats Lose To 51s, 6-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Zunino Leads Rainiers Past Fresno, 8-6 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Salt Lake wins over Tucson - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.