Brad Hand Named FSL Pitcher of the Week
JUPITER, FL (June 15, 2010) - Jupiter Hammerheads pitcher Brad Hand was named Tuesday as the Florida State League's Pitcher of the Week for the period from June 7th to the 13th.
Hand tossed a gem June 8th, holding the Tampa Yankees to just four hits during his complete game shutout. The lefty struck out four while allowing just one walk.
This season, Hand is 4-2 with a 3.33 ERA over 70.1 innings. He has struck out 70 batters and walked just 22. The lefty leads the Hammerheads rotation in wins, innings, ERA, and strikeouts.
As a senior in high school, Hand won the 2008 Gatorade Minnesota Player of the Year award, striking out 80 over 45.1 innings. After signing with the Florida Marlins as their second round pick in 2008, he debuted first with the GCL Marlins (34 Ks in 32.3 IP) and then made it to Jamestown (12 Ks in 15 IP). Last season, Hand led the Greensboro Grasshoppers with 122 strikeouts in 127.2 innings.
Florida State League Stories from June 15, 2010
- Cardinals Give Miracle Another Late-Inning Loss - Fort Myers Miracle
- Mets Fall to Marauders - St. Lucie Mets
- Archer K's Ten in Victory - Daytona Tortugas
- Dorn's 7 Strong Innings Not Enough as Jupiter Falls 4-0 - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Brad Hand Named FSL Pitcher of the Week - Jupiter Hammerheads
- 2010 Charlotte Stone Crabs Golf Tournament June 23 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.