Bostin Bruins Tough Guy Shawn Thornton to Sign Autographs During 1st Annual High School Hockey Faceo
WORCESTER, MA - Worcester Sharks President Michael A. Mudd announced today the details for the 1st annual High School Hockey Faceoff presented by the Massachusetts Army National Guard featuring the Auburn Rockets and the Wachusett Mountaineers on Saturday, January 29 before the Sharks game vs. the Bruins at 4:00pm at the DCU Center. In addition, Boston Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton will sign autographs from 6-8pm in the DCU Center concourse presented by WAAF.
Saturday, January 29 - Worcester Sharks vs. Providence Bruins at 7pm
1st annual High School Hockey Faceoff (PREGAME) GAME TO START APPROXIMATELY AT 4PM - before the Sharks vs. Bruins
The 2011 Faceoff pits the varsity hockey teams from Auburn HS vs. Wachusett HS
* 2:30pm - Alumni teams take the ice (fans/family coming for this game will enter through door 5)
* 3:30pm - DCU Center doors open
* 4pm - Auburn vs. Wachusett take the ice for the FACEOFF!
* 6-8pm - Boston Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton to sign autographs presented by WAAF!
* 7pm - Sharks vs. Bruins
* One ticket good for all 3 games. Must have a ticket to enter.
* Tickets cost $11 in advance.
* Day of the game before 5pm, fans mentioning the HS doubleheader will pay $15.
This season, eight local high school varsity boy's hockey teams will skate on the DCU Center Ice on the same day as a Worcester Sharks game. Tickets cost just $11 in advance for each participating school, with one ticket to garner entry into the high school game and the Sharks game.
The remaining high school hockey doubleheaders presented by the Massachusetts Army National Guard is listed below;
The 5th annual High School Hockey Classic will showcase the St. John's Pioneers and the St. Peter Marian Guardians on Saturday, February 5 before the Sharks host the Bruins at 7pm.
"The Worcester Sharks are proud to showcase high school hockey at the DCU Center," said Mudd. "The high school games will have all the bells and whistles of a regular Sharks game. We expect large turnouts for all four games and look forward to some great high school hockey action."
For more detailed information on all four games, please visit www.SharksAHL.com/highschoolgames.asp or call the Sharks front office at 508-929-0500.
The Sharks are in the middle of a season long six game home stand!
On Friday, the Sharks host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:30pm! Snoopy from MetLife will drop the first puck! The game will be shown live on Charter TV3!
On Saturday, the Sharks will host the Providence Bruins at 7pm with a special appearance by Boston Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton presented by WAAF! Shawn will sign autographs from 6-8pm in the DCU Center concourse!
Get your family fun pack (4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, and 4 sodas) for just $69 for all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games! (must be purchased through the Sharks front office in advance at 508-929-0500).
American Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2011
- Multi-Point Efforts Lead to Come-From-Behind North Division Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- Checkers Fight Back in Second, Fall Short, 6-4 - Charlotte Checkers
- Rowe and Pither Lead Phantoms to Dramatic Win - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wolves Come Back to Grab 5-4 Shootout Win in Oklahoma City - Chicago Wolves
- Cliche scores twice on the power play; Zatkoff stops 34 shots - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Rally for 3-2 Shootout Win Over Griffins - Rochester Americans
- Americans Conquer Griffins in Shootout, 3-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Earl Scores Twice as Aeros Beat Crunch 4-3 in OT - Houston Aeros
- Crunch Earn Point in OT Loss to Houston - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Wrap up Road Trip with 4-2 Loss in Manchester - Norfolk Admirals
- NHL Recalls Return, for Now - Connecticut Whale
- Monsters to Host Indians Players and Manager for Pregame Autograph Session this Weekend - Lake Erie Monsters
- Admirals to Paint Face-Off Circles Green & Gold - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Insider - Lake Erie Monsters
- Rangers Return Five Players to Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Pink in the Rink Nets Nearly $40,000 - Manchester Monarchs
- Travis Morin Expected to Make NHL Debut Tonight - Texas Stars
- Rampage Unveil Pink Ice with Survivor Skate - San Antonio Rampage
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Matt Beleskey and Dan Sexton - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Trim Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Extensive Broadcast Coverage on Tap for 2011 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Rampage Beat Heat with 4-2 Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Double Heat 4-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Jamie Arniel Heading to All-Star Classic - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Hit The Road For Three Games In Four Days This Week - Springfield Falcons
- Bulldogs Blank Moose 3-0 before Crowd of over 10,000 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bostin Bruins Tough Guy Shawn Thornton to Sign Autographs During 1st Annual High School Hockey Faceo - Worcester Sharks
- Falcons Game Tonight in Hershey Postponed - Springfield Falcons
- Preview: Aeros Close out Road Trip at Syracuse - Houston Aeros
- Rodney Atkins Peforms Friday for Country Music Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- AHL Game Postponed - AHL
- Wednesday's Bears Game with Springfield Postponed Until Thursday Night - Hershey Bears
- Moose Blanked by Bulldogs 3-0 - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Craig Janney to Skate in Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Montreal Assigns Ryan White to Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Calvert Assigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Senators Re-Assign Mike Brodeur and Bobby Butler to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Game Night: Amerks Host Griffins Tonight at Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.