Bombers Sweep Woodchucks
BATTLE CREEK, MI - The Battle Creek Bombers took advantage of some mistakes and used a six-run third inning to propel them to a 9-5 win over the Wisconsin Woodchucks at C.O. Brown Stadium, giving them a two-game sweep of the series.
Starter Dylan Rheault (1-0, Central Michigan) struck out seven over three and one-third innings to pick up his first win of the season. Newcomer Dan Tyson (Northwestern) pitched three shutout innings to earn the save.
Kyle Figgins (Buffalo) had three hits and two runs scored for the Bombers. Leadoff man Colin Willis (Purdue North Central) reached base four times, scored a run, and had two hits, including an RBI triple.
Battle Creek continues its four-game home stand on Monday night, as they welcome in the Eau Claire Express for the first of two games. Joe Battistelli (Eastern Michigan) will start for the Bombers. First pitch is 7:05 ET.
The Battle Creek Bombers are members of the prestigious Northwoods League that has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any other summer collegiate baseball league in North America. For tickets call (269) 962-0735 or visit BattleCreekBombers.com.Â McCamly Plaza Hotel in downtownÂ Battle Creek is a proud supporting sponsor of the Battle Creek Bombers, as they begin their sixth season of play.
Northwoods League Stories from June 10, 2012
- Stingers Cruise to 14-2 Victory against Thunder Bay - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Win 4-3, Split with Express - Madison Mallards
- Bombers Sweep Woodchucks - Battle Creek Bombers
- Bombers Ignite Offense, Defeat Chucks 9-5 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Late Rally Runs out of Steam - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Chinooks Win Fourth Straight 9-5 over Wisconsin Rapids Saturday - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Win It on Roper Walk-Off Homer - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards Look to Avoid Sweep against Express - Madison Mallards
- Beetles Avoid Sweep vs Rox - St. Cloud Rox
- Alexandria halts seven-game losing streak - Alexandria Beetles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.