Bluefish Top Patriots 5-1
Bridgewater, NJ- The Bridgeport Bluefish defeated the Somerset Patriots 5-1 before 5,192 fans at TD Bank Ballpark on Friday night.
Bridgeport jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in the first on a solo homerun by Prentice Redman (19).
The Bluefish added to their lead on an RBI base hit by Willis Otanez in the fourth to make the score 2-0.
Somerset plated a run in the fourth on an RBI fielder's choice by Jesse Hoorelbeke that cut the lead to 2-1.
A three run double in the top of the eighth inning by Redman gave the Bluefish a 5-1 advantage.
Brad Thompson (6-5) got the win for Bridgeport after allowing a run on six hits in eight innings of work. Justin Cassel (6-11) suffered the loss for Somerset after surrendering five runs in 7.2 innings pitched.
The 2012 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue at home on Saturday night when they take on the Bridgeport Bluefish at 7:05 pm. The game features a Post-Game Fireworks Show presented by Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and Irish Night. For tickets, call (908) 252-0700 or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Atlantic League Stories from September 21, 2012
- Revs Pull Into First Place Tie With Dramatic Win In Texas - York Revolution
- Two Runs Shy in Game Four, 5-3 - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Riversharks Swim Past Ducks in Opener - Long Island Ducks
- Thompson Pitches Crabs Past Stormers - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Redman Ties Record; Bluefish Eliminated - Bridgeport Bluefish
- Bluefish Top Patriots 5-1 - Somerset Patriots
- Barnstormers Set Record With 11-9 Win - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.