BlueClaws Fall 11-4 to Kanny in Finale
LAKEWOOD, NJ - The Kannapolis Intimidators (3-1) scored early and often and took down the Lakewood BlueClaws (1-3) 11-4 in the finale a four-game series Sunday afternoon at FirstEnergy Park. The 1-3 record is the same the BlueClaws had after the first four games of the 2012 season.
The Intimidators picked up a pair of runs in the first inning off of Lakewood starter Kevin Brady and never looked back. Rangel Rovelo doubled to left to plate the first run, and Michael Marjama followed up with another double that plated the second run.
Brady (0-1) tossed the first three and one-third frames and was touched up for six earned runs on eight hits. He struck out three and walked one. Andrew Aizenstadt followed up the starter in the fourth and didn't have much luck either as he gave up three runs on four hits over the inning and one-third he was in.
Leading 8-0 after four, Kannapolis was not done yet as the visitors plated a run in the each of the next three innings including a solo home run off the bat of Yoandy Barroso, the first of the 2013 season hit at FirstEnergy Park.
The BlueClaws offense didn't get on the map until the final three frames, where they plated four runs, including two in the ninth. With one out in the seventh Carlos Tocci doubled to left and scored the first run when Yan Olmo followed with an RBI single.
It was Willie Carmona with an RBI single in the eighth for the lone run, and Roman Quinn's double and Angelo Mora's single that plated two in the ninth for Lakewood. Quinn, Mora, and Carmona each had two hits on the afternoon.
Jake Cose (1-0) started his 2013 season with five shutout innings for the Intimidators, and was backed up by Jason Van Skike and Michael Gunter on the mound.
Deborah Heart and Lung Center Player of the Game: Rangel Ravelo (KAN) 3-for-3, 2 2B, 4 RBI
The Lakewood BlueClaws welcome in the Hagerstown Suns for the first of a three-game series, Monday night at 6:35 PM at FirstEnergy Park. The Suns will send RHP Pedro Encarnacion (0-0, -.--) to the mound and the BlueClaws will counter with LHP Yoel Mecias (0-0, -.--). The night will feature a magnetic schedule giveaway thanks to Investors Bank.
South Atlantic League Stories from April 7, 2013
- Rally Falls Short in 'Dads 8-7 Loss - Hickory Crawdads
- Drive Offense Stymied by RiverDogs in Series Finale - Greenville Drive
- Power Earn First Win of 2013 in Extra Innings - West Virginia Power
- RiverDogs Shutout Drive in 5-0 Win - Charleston RiverDogs
- Legends Get First Win of 2013 - Lexington Legends
- Strong Starting Pitching Leads Savannah to Win - Rome Braves
- Walker Leads Shorebirds to 2-1 Win in Series Finale - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Shorebirds Take Series Finale against Suns 2-1 - Hagerstown Suns
- BlueClaws Fall 11-4 to Kanny in Finale - Lakewood BlueClaws
- WV Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.