Blue Bombers Release Three
WINNIPEG, MB - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have released non-import fullback James Green, non-import long-snapper Jordan Matechuk and import defensive end Youri Yenga.
Green spent three seasons with the Blue Bombers and recorded 34 special teams tackles during that span. He was signed on August 3, 2010.
Matechuk joined the Blue Bombers last season and appeared in one game with the team, spending the rest of the year on the reserve list.
Yenga spent the majority of last season on the practice roster, appearing in four games and recording two defensive tackles and three special teams tackles.
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2013
- All Systems Go for Fanfest - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Release Three - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders Release Pair - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions and Coast Capital Savings Announce Multi-Year Partnership - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael Williams - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger Cats - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with Riders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Trio Added to Training-Camp Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Ink 2012 Draft Picks - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.