Bighorns Snap Losing Streak, Defeat D-Fenders
RENO, NEV, Feb. 10, 2013 - The Reno Bighorns snapped their four-game losing streak Sunday afternoon, defeating the Los Angeles D-Fenders 93-86.
The Bighorns (10-16) were led by Samardo Samuels season-high 27 points and 12 rebounds. Jerome Jordan also had a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Marcus Landry added 21 points. Will Blalock grabbed 10 rebounds and scored nine points.
The D-Fenders (12-16) were paced by Lazar Hayward's 18 points. They had four other players score in double figures, Morris Almond (10), Elijah Milsap (10), Mike Taylor (12) and Orien Greene (11).
Reno out-rebounded L.A. 53-39 and out-scored the D-Fenders 22-10 in the fourth quarter. The Bighorns also had 31 second-chance points, compared to just six for L.A.
Reno's victory also snapped a nine-game losing streak against L.A.
The Bighorns and D-Fenders will face each other again on Wednesday in Los Angeles. Reno returns home next Monday to take on the Maine Red Claws at 7 p.m. at the Reno Events Center.
NBA Development League Stories from February 10, 2013
- Santa Cruz Warriors Swept by Stampede - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Snap Losing Streak, Defeat D-Fenders - Reno Bighorns
- Bucks Recall Lamb - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stampede Beat Warriors 101-80 - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa Falls to Texas - Tulsa 66ers
- Red Claws Hold on for 104-100 Win over Visiting Armor - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Recall Melo from Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Assign Greg Smith to NBA D-League Affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers - D-League
- Santa Cruz Warriors Topped by Stampede - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.