Bighorns edge Skyforce, 118-116
Reno- The Reno Bighorns made the first score in the first 30 seconds of the start when Frank Williams from the Skyforce caused a turnover and Bighorns Richie Frahm took the steal and scored 2. Bighorns' David Noel was the top scorer of the quarter with 11 points and 3 assists. Sioux Falls' David Bailey held 3 assists and Williams led in points with 9, ending the quarter in a tie 31-31.
Rod Benson came in strong in the second scoring 100% from the floor and having 18 points out of 34. Sioux Falls players Williams and Kasib Powell made a great duo with by having 22 of their teams' 31 points. Williams shot 90% from the floor.
Third quarter, both teams played an equal game with each shooting 64.7% from the floor and 50% with 3 point shots. Lead scorer of the quarter was Bighorns' Patrick Ewing Jr. and Bighorns led the Skyforce by only 2.
The excitement came in the 4th with the house standing throughout most of the quarter with neither team having more than a 5 point lead. The last 2 minutes became a 'nail biter' when it became back and forth play and each team never ahead by more than 2. With less than one minute left in the game, Bighorns David Noel fouled on Williams who made both baskets to give the team the lead by one. With 11 seconds left in the game, Bighorns' Russell Robinson scored 2, bringing the score to 117-116 Bighorns. Skyforce David Bailey made a foul on Rod Benson who shot one out of two and the Bighorns took the win. Bighorns 118- Skyforce 116.
NBA Development League Stories from March 14, 2009
- Vipers Slither Past Stampede with OT Win - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stampede fall to Vipers in OT - Idaho Stampede
- Flash Hold Off Skyforce For Victory - Utah Flash
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - March 14, 2009 - D-League
- Flash Game Tonight - Utah Flash
- Bighorns edge Skyforce, 118-116 - Reno Bighorns
- Stampede Outlast D-Fenders; Win Fourth Straight - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa falls short to Austin in last second of overtime - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.