Bighorns Drop Second-Straight to Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, SD - The Reno Bighorns (9-14) dropped a second-straight game to the Sioux Falls Skyforce (16-11) 105-87 Saturday night in South Dakota.
The Bighorns were led by Marcus Landry's 21 points. Jerome Jordan (14 points, 17 rebounds) and Samardo Samuels (18 points, 10 rebounds) each recorded a double-double.
Sioux Falls was paced by Demetris Nichols' 26 points. One night after posting a triple-double, Donald Sloan had 14 points and five assists.
The Bighorns shot just 29.4% from the 3-point line, compared to Sioux Falls' 40% from beyond the arc. Reno trailed the entire game, at one time falling behind by 30 points in the fourth quarter. The Bighorns scored just 11 points in the third quarter.
The Bighorns will return home to Reno after a month on the road this Thursday, February 7 as they take on the Santa Cruz Warriors. The team plays the Los Angeles D-Fenders on Friday and Sunday. Friday is Military and Veteran Recognition Night, while Sunday is Superhero Day. On Sunday, the first 1500 fans to the game will receive a Bruno Superhero Bobblehead.
NBA Development League Stories from February 2, 2013
- Stampede Slip to L.A. - Idaho Stampede
- Charge Stave off Mad Ants - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Down Tulsa 66ers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Tulsa Falls to Santa Cruz - Tulsa 66ers
- Slow Start Dooms Energy in 98-91 Loss to Springfield - Iowa Energy
- Bighorns Drop Second-Straight to Sioux Falls - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers Take Battle of Division Leaders, 113-95, over Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Red Claws Acquire 7-0 Forward Garrett Stutz - Maine Red Claws
- Strong Second Half Propels Jam Past Toros - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.