Bighorns Come Up Short in Bakersfield
Bakersfield, CA - The Reno Bighorns (8-12) came up short against the Bakersfield Jam (17-7) 102-86 Friday night in Bakersfield.
The Bighorns were led by Samardo Samuels' 20 points and nine rebounds. Walker Russell added 19 points and six assists. Dar Tucker chipped in 18 points.
The Jam, who had 25 fast break points, compared to just eight for Reno, were paced by Renaldo Major's 20 points off the bench. Bakersfield's bench out-scored Reno's 43-27. Brian Butch had a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Jerel McNeal dished out 10 assists.
The Bighorns shot a season-low 10.5 percent from the 3-point line, going just 2-19.
The two teams were tied after the first quarter, but Bakersfield used a strong second quarter to pull away and led 51-43 at halftime.
The Bighorns will face the Jam again tomorrow night at 7 p.m. Fans can watch the games for free, online via Youtube.
NBA Development League Stories from January 26, 2013
- Bighorns Snap Losing Streak, Defeat Jam - Reno Bighorns
- Charge Hold off Energy for Fourth-Straight Win - Canton Charge
- 66ers Defeated by D-Fenders - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Ground Skyforce 123-104 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Springfield Storms Past Santa Cruz - Springfield Armor
- Santa Cruz Warriors Topped by Armor - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Takes Down Texas - Idaho Stampede
- Jam Take Down Bighorns - Bakersfield Jam
- Bighorns Come Up Short in Bakersfield - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.