Bees Whip Pads, 16-1
The Salt Lake Bees scored seven runs in the fourth inning on their way to a 16-1 win over the Tucson Padres Sunday, giving the T-Pads their most lopsided loss of the season. Josh Geer retired the first two batters of the fourth, but could not close the inning, allowing five hits, two walks and hitting a batter before being pulled from the game.
Former San Diego Padres outfielder Paul McAnulty hit two home runs, his first two of the season. Salt Lake first baseman Efren Navarro went 4-for-6 in the rout and former San Diego Padre Jorge Cantu went 3-for-4 with two RBIs for the Bees. Cantu is now 6-for-8 with two RBIs in the series. Tucson reliever Brad Boxberger had difficulty finding the strike zone in the eighth, walking three hitters and allowing two runs.
Brad Davis doubled off the center field wall to score Vince Belnome in the fifth for the Padres lone run. Davis now has five hits this season but has yet to hit a single. Everth Cabrera was 2-for-4 and had the only multi-hit game for a Padres player.
Next Game: Monday, 7:05 pm - Salt Lake RHP Eric Hurley (1-1, 8.36) vs. Tucson RHP Jorge Reyes (0-3, 5.28). KiiM-FM Family Four Pack Night - four tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas for only $20.
Radio coverage of the game begins at 6:45 pm on Tejano 1600 AM.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 22, 2012
- Bees Whip Pads, 16-1 - Tucson Padres
- Isotopes Take Sunday Marathon, 11-10 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Outlast 'Hawks 11-10 in 14 Innings for Sixth Straight Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Fall To Fresno, 10-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Carter's Three-Homer Day Lifts Cats to 12-4 Win over Reno - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Top Aces, 12-4 - Reno Aces
- Round Rock's Hitting Overpowers Zephyrs 10-0 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Storm Chasers Squeeze Past the Sounds on Sunday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Powers Past New Orleans 10-0 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' Losing Skid Hits Seven with 2-1 Loss in Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Stellar Rusin Lifts Iowa to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Recall Pitcher Randy Wells from Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Tucson win over Salt Lake - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers' Series Opener Foiled By Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Walk to London' Arrives in Tacoma - Tacoma Rainiers
- Storm Chasers Defeat the Sounds, 6-5, in 13 Innings - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bullpen Struggles in Loss to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Lose Extra-Inning Contest in Omaha, 6-5 - Nashville Sounds
- Parker, Bullpen Combine for Two-Hitter; River Cats Beat Aces, 6-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Blanked by River Cats, 6-0 - Reno Aces
- 'Topes Win Fifth Straight with 6-1 Victory Over RedHawks - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Take Series Opener, 6-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.