Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday
HERSHEY travels to Bridgeport Tuesday night for a 7:30 p.m. face off with the Sound Tigers at the Arena at Harbor Yard. The BEARS are looking for the club's first win in three tries against Bridgeport in the team's first visit to Connecticut this season.
The BEARS won for the 20th time against just four regulation defeats Saturday night at GIANT Center. Dave Steckel scored his 10th goal of the season just 54 seconds into the game, and HERSHEY never looked back in a 4-1 victory over Philadelphia. Eric Fehr was named the game's number one star, scoring his 14th and 15th goal of the season. Maxime Daigneault won his eighth game of the season, making 27 saves on 28 Phantoms shots.
Tuesday's game in Bridgeport marks the third time this season that the Tigers and Bears have met. Bridgeport won at GIANT Center 3-2 in a shootout October 21, and won again in Hershey November 18 in overtime 4-3. The Sound Tigers are in fifth place in the East Division, two points back of fourth place Albany, and 17 back of HERSHEY.
Tonight's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490-AM, 960-AM) beginning at 7:10 p.m. John Walton has the call from the Arena at Harbor Yard. Tickets remain for all three games this week at GIANT Center by visiting the GIANT Center box office or by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Philadelphia plays in Hershey Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. prior to Norfolk's arrival Saturday at 7:00 p.m. Sunday's game is with Providence at GIANT Center. Face-off for the New Year's eve game is at 5:00 p.m.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.