Battery Takes on Charlotte Eagles
Charleston, SC. The Charleston Battery heads to Charlotte, NC Tuesday for a 7 PM match versus the Charlotte Eagles at Queens University Stadium. The game will be broadcast live on Sports Radio 1450 AM and will also be available via a live video stream at USLnation.com.
The Charleston Battery (5-1-0) enters Tuesday's match on the back of a five game winning streak including a 4-2 victory versus Wilmington Hammerheads on Saturday night at Blackbaud Stadium. Saturday's win versus the Hammerheads lifted the Battery into second position in the USL PRO standings.
Dane Kelly, Nicki Paterson, Zach Prince and John Wilson all recorded first half goals in the Saturday night win over Wilmington.
Charleston 's Cody Ellison received a red card in the 70th minute and will miss Tuesday's match through suspension.
The Charlotte Eagles (2-0-3) are unbeaten through five games and tied the Richmond Kickers 3-3 in their last match played on May 4 in Richmond.
In 2012 the Battery played Charlotte three times during the regular season winning the first game and then losing the final two. The Eagles missed the USL PRO post-season last year finishing one point outside the final playoff berth.
Following Tuesday's match in Charlotte the Battery will head to Houston, TX for an inter-league game versus Major League Soccer's Houston Dynamo reserves on Sunday, May 19; kick off is set for 11 AM (EST).
United Soccer League Stories from May 13, 2013
- Riverhounds Host Rwb Adria Tomorrow in First Round of U.S. Open Cup - Pittsburgh Riverhounds
- Orlando City Plays Back-To-Back Road Matches Friday, Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Dayton Dutch Lions to Host River City Rovers in US Open Cup - Dayton Dutch Lions
- Battery Takes on Charlotte Eagles - Charleston Battery
- Kickers Host Ladies Night Friday - Richmond Kickers
- Dwyer Leads Lions Past Sounders Reserves - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.