Bandits Team up with Special Olympics
BUFFALO, NY (April 7, 2012) --- The Buffalo Bandits have teamed up with Special Olympics New York by participating in the "Over the Edge" fundraiser on Thursday, July 26 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel.
Official spokesperson Mark Steenhuis will join Bandits teammates Tom Montour and Luke Wiles in an attempt to each raise $1,000 for the right to go "Over the Edge" in a high-profile building rappel. Last year, Montour and 119 other "edgers" rappeled 357 feet down the 27-story hotel and raised over $140,000 for Special Olympics athletes.
To pledge your support by making a donation on behalf of one of the three participating Bandits, please click here.
To register for this year's event, please click here. Space is limited to 150 participants, each of whom are required to raise $1,000 in order to go "Over the Edge." There will be a VIP tent where participants will enjoy an entire day of music, food and beverages.
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 7, 2012
- Philadelphia Wings Fall to Bandits 17-7 - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock Run Away with 12-8 Win Over Rush - Edmonton Rush
- Rock Crush the Rush 12-8 - Toronto Rock
- Bandits Team up with Special Olympics - Buffalo Bandits
- Home away from home - Edmonton Rush
- Knighthawks' Rally Falls Inches Short - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.