B-Sens Host Supply Drive for Hurricane Sandy Victims
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators announced today that they will be holding a supply drive to benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy on Saturday, Nov. 10 as they host the Norfolk Admirals.
B-Sens forwards Pat Cannone, Hugh Jessiman and B-Sens equipment manager Tom Severence have arranged the drive which will benefit two of the hardest hit areas in New York; Long Beach and Staten Island. Cannone and Jessiman are Bayport, N.Y. and New York natives respectively. Severance lived in Wantagh, N.Y., near Long Beach, from 1996 to 1998.
"We really want to help those people that are now in need in the Long Beach and Staten Island areas and to raise awareness of what is going on throughout the affected coastal region. The storm really hit home for me as I lived close to Long Beach when I worked for the New York Islanders. I met a lot of good people there and I hate to see them struggling in the aftermath of Sandy," said Severance.
The B-Sens are seeking the following items for donation:
Clothing - Both adult and child sizes, new or gently used
Energy and protein bars
Grab and go snacks (i.e. pretzels, crackers, etc.)
Meals in a can/Canned goods in general
Shelf stable milk
Ziploc bags - sandwich, quart and gallon sizes
Monetary donations will also be accepted. Fans are encouraged to donate, in any amount large or small, at the "Hurricane Sandy Relief" table located on the main concourse of the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.
Cannone, Jessiman and Severance hope to personally deliver the items collected to shelters in the affected area sometime during the week of Nov. 12.
Tickets to Saturday's game are $19 for side seating and $18 for end seating. Fans can purchase tickets through the B-Sens' executive office, Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 607-722-SENS (7367) and through Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
American Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2012
- Checkers Fall to Chicago - Charlotte Checkers
- B-Sens Host Supply Drive for Hurricane Sandy Victims - Binghamton Senators
- Pinizzotto's Pair Earns Wolves Check Mark in Charlotte - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Hope to Build on Win Streak During Wednesday's Matinee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Weekly - Sceviour Returns from Injury, Scores in First Game Back - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Offering Free Tickets to Veterans and Military Members - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Host Veterans and Military Appreciation Night this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch and SUNY Upstate Medical University Present Movember Fundraising Initiative - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Details of Hometown Heroes Night - Springfield Falcons
- Texas Stars Host Stars & Stripes Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Barons Sign Eric Hunter to AHL Contract - Oklahoma City Barons
- IceCaps Announce Change in Game Time - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Announce Flat-Screen Fridays, Cycle Saturdays - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage to Host Face-Off against Kids Cancer Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.