B-Sens Beat Devils, 3-2
ALBANY, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators put Wednesday's 5-3 loss to the Syracuse Crunch behind them, rebounding to defeat the Albany Devils tonight on the road, 3-2 at the Times Union Center on Friday night.
At 10:08 of the first period, former B-Sens forward Bobby Butler capitalized on a five-on-three power play advantage to put the Devils on the board, 1-0. Assists were credited to Eric Gelinas and Jacob Josefson.
Binghamton tied the game at one with just 0.1 seconds left on the clock in the second period. The goal was scored by Cole Schneider with helpers from Eric Gryba and Pat Wiercioch.
Just 90 seconds after tying the score, Schneider netted his second of the night 1:29 into the third period, this time assisted by Mark Stone. Butler knotted the game once more as he scored his second of the night on another power play at 13:21, assisted by Scott Parse and Steve Zalewski. Binghamton took back the one-goal advantage at 17:25 and held on for a 3-2 victory as forward Jakob Silfverberg tallied his thirteenth goal of the season, assisted by Mike Hoffman. Silfverberg has now scored in six straight games, a streak which currently leads the American Hockey League.
B-Sens starting goaltender Robin Lehner faced a total of 37 shots, making 35 saves to secure his eleventh win of the season. Jeff frazee tended goal for Albany and stopped 14 of 17 shots in his loss.
The B-Sens will wrap up their weekend road trip against the Rochester Americans on Saturday, December 29, at 7:05 p.m. Fans can tune into BIG 107.5 or TEAM 1200 for Grady Whittenburg's call, starting with "Countdown to Faceoff" 15 minutes prior to game time. Live updates can also be found by following @BSens_Hockey on Twitter.
American Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2012
- Smith and Admirals Shut Down Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Admirals Send Rivermen Sailing - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Prevail over Marlies in Battle of Division Leaders - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dumont, Bulldogs Power Past IceCaps 6-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Power Past Admirals 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Fall in Shootout to Barons, 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Win Streak Halted - Adirondack Phantoms
- Checkers Extend Point Streak in Overtime Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- Toronto Falls to Grand Rapids 3-2 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Houston Aeros Win 3-2 in Overtime over Charlotte - Houston Aeros
- Amerks Top Monsters in Front of Record-Setting Crowd - Rochester Americans
- Sharks Nibble Past Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Late Goal Downs Devils - Albany Devils
- Monsters Can't Solve Americans, Fall in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps Fall to Bulldogs - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Fall to Syracuse, 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Matsumoto's Late Game-Winner Lifts Sharks over Monarch - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Beat Devils, 3-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Set Franchise Attendance Record at First Niagara Center in Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Defeat Phantoms 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Roadtrip Preview vs Chicago and Peoria - Abbotsford Heat
- Stars Sign Defenseman Gord Baldwin to PTO - Texas Stars
- Griffins Host Barons Next Friday to Conclude Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds Two January Games to American Hockey League Broadcast Schedule - AHL
- Bears, ABC-27 Announce 2013 Television Broadcast Schedule - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flames Assign Ferland to Brandon Wheat Kings - Abbotsford Heat
- "Roc" in the New Year with the Amerks on Monday, December 31 - Rochester Americans
- Barons to Skate Outside at Devon Ice Rink on December 29 - Oklahoma City Barons
- IceCaps Re-Assign Ray Kaunisto to Colorado Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- Houston Aeros Recall Petersen from Orlando - Houston Aeros
- Syracuse Crunch Announce the Details of Autism Speaks Autism Awareness Night - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.