AutoZone Park to Show "The Sandlot" on June 15
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - AutoZone Park presents the screening of The Sandlot on Saturday, June 15 at 6:00 p.m. David Mickey Evans, the writer, director, voice of the film The Sandlot will introduce his film, recounting for the audience where the idea for the story came from, and host a Sandlot Trivia contest for a chance to win a pair of original PF Flyer sneakers.
Individual tickets for the event are $7.00 in advance ($10.00 when purchased on day of screening) or $20.00 for a Family Four Pack. Seats are available in the seating bowl on the third base side and on the field. Guests are strongly encouraged to bring a blanket when sitting on the field (no chairs are permitted). The screening is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.
Fans will have a chance to meet the writer/director before and after the screening, where he will be signing posters, DVD's, baseballs and photos with a portion of all proceeds donated to charity. A dog look-alike of "The Beast" will also be available for a meet-and-greet session and photos before the screening begins.
The Sandlot is entertaining its second generation of fans -- the sons and daughters of all the film's original fans, who are now moms and dads. It has some of the most often quoted dialogue in motion picture history, including the classic lines, "You're killin' me, Smalls!" and the unforgettable, "Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die."
The screening is a once in a lifetime opportunity for families, baseball and movie lovers of all ages to watch the "The #1 Baseball Movie of All Time," and "The #1 Summer Movie of All Time," outdoors, under the stars, just the way it was meant to be seen.
"It has always been a dream of mine to screen The Sandlot in great baseball stadiums. I am thrilled to bring the film to AutoZone Park, smack in the middle of America where the film has always had its most enthusiastic fans," said David Mickey Evans writer/director/voice of The Sandlot.
Tickets are available for purchase through the Redbirds ticket office at AutoZone Park, by calling (901) 721-6000, or online at www.memphisredbirds.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 31, 2013
- Aces Blanked in Series Finale - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque Overcomes Two Brock Peterson Homers for 7-5 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- AutoZone Park to Show "The Sandlot" on June 15 - Memphis Redbirds
- Gray Tosses Gem in River Cats' 2-1 Loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Shut out Redbirds in Homestand Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Zunino Lifts Rainiers Past Sky Sox, 6-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Cubs Drop Series in Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Express Drops Series Finale to Zephyrs - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs Fend off Sweep by Derailing Express - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Storm Chasers' Series Finale in Oklahoma City Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Albuquerque Blanks Birds in Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Win Game and Series, 3-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Friday's RedHawks Game Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- White Returns From DL, Moylan Selected By Dodgers - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks vs. Storm Chasers - Game Notes - May 31, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Announce Upcoming Promotions - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks to "Pitch in for Oklahoma" with Youth Equipment Drive - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Set To Begin Homestand - Reno Aces
- Bees Offer Lunch Time Specials for Tuesday, June 4 - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Extend Omaha's Road Woes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Fresno beats Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Parrino's Grand Slam Not Enough as Cats Fall, 9-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Sky Sox Top Rainiers 10-8 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Rainiers Stumble At Sky Sox, 10-8 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Frustrated Cubs Fall in Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Express Sweep Doubleheader from Zephyrs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- E-Train Sweeps Zephyrs in Doubleheader - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.