Audy-Marchessault Assigned To Falcons
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons announced on Tuesday that left wing Jonathan Audy-Marchessault has been assigned to the club by its NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Audy-Marchessault was recalled by Columbus last Wednesday and made his NHL debut with the Blue Jackets on Thursday in a 4-1 loss to St. Louis. The second-year pro also played for Columbus in a 4-2 victory over Detroit on Saturday and was scoreless while averaging 10:56 of time on ice during his two contests with the Blue Jackets.
Audy-Marchessault leads the Falcons with 45 points and 29 assists, placing him third and in a tie for second in the league in those categories, respectively. The 22-year-old from Quebec City was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for January, pacing all players with 17 points (8g-9a) and posting his first-career hat trick in a 7-5 win over the Manchester Monarchs on Jan. 15. Audy-Marchessault was a starter for the Eastern Conference in the 2013 AHL All-Star Game in Providence, R.I. and scored a goal in the Western Conference's 7-6 victory. He is in the first season of a three-year NHL entry-level contract with Columbus after skating all of 2011-2012 with the Connecticut Whale.
Eastern Conference-leading Springfield is back in action next Friday, Feb. 8, as the Falcons welcome the Albany Devils to The Nest at 7:00 p.m., presented by Mohawk Communications. Fans in attendance have the opportunity to win a brand new, high-definition television courtesy of Manny's TV & Appliances as part of "Flat-Screen Friday."
The Falcons close out next weekend on Sunday, Feb. 10 at 3:00 p.m. when they host the Portland Pirates. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a free Falcons baseball hat, courtesy of the University of New Haven.
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2013
- Home Stand Ends with Shootout Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Whale Dropped by Albany in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- Bears Skate to Shootout Win in Cleveland - Hershey Bears
- Devils Win at All Levels - Albany Devils
- Sharks Stun IceCaps with Late Comeback - St. John's IceCaps
- Sharks Shock IceCaps with Late 3rd Period Comeback for 3-2 Win - Worcester Sharks
- Oilers Assign Defenseman Theo Peckham to OKC on Conditioning - Oklahoma City Barons
- A Sweet Deal for You and Your Sweetheart - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Summers Assign Rundblad to Portland - Portland Pirates
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Heat Beat Americans 3-2, Extend North Division Lead - Abbotsford Heat
- Albany Devils Add Stefan Stepanov - Albany Devils
- Griffins Face Test from South Division - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host "Big Brothers Big Sisters Day" this Sunday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Vote Now For Stevens Jewelers Diamond In The Rough Award - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks' Five-Game Win Streak Snapped in 3-2 Loss to Heat - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Mark Arcobello - Oklahoma City Barons
- Gallant Agrees to Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals to Donate $2 from All Tickets to Children's Hospital February 17 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Hope to Pick up Where They Left off at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Rivermen Extend Point Streak to Five - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens 2013-14 Season and 2013 Calder Cup Playoff Tickets to Go on Sale Sunday - Binghamton Senators
- Haydar's Hat Trick and Sweatt's OT Winner Lead Wolves Past Peoria - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals to Host Donald Driver February 15 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rangers Assign Forward Brandon Mashinter to Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Anaheim Returns Devante Smith-Pelly to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Audy-Marchessault Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Dallas Reassigned Tyler Beskorowany to Idaho - Texas Stars
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Kick off Anti-Bullying Campaign - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Launch "Sweets in Your Seats" Valentine's Day Pack - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Take You Can Play Pledge - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Takes Down Houston, Continues To Lead The Ahl - Texas Stars
- Houston Aeros Fall to Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.