A's Prospect Max Stassi to Have Shoulder Surgery
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Ports announced on Saturday that Oakland Athletics number six prospect, catcher Max Stassi, would undergo shoulder surgery at a yet-to-be determined date. Recovery time will be determined after the surgery is completed, the team said.
Stassi, who had been restricted to designated hitter duties since the start of the season, played 31 games with the Ports this season, posting a .231 batting average with six doubles and two home runs. In his last appearance with the team on May 18 against the Bakersfield Blaze, Stassi went 1-for-4 with a walk.
California League Stories from May 21, 2011
- Quakes Drop Second Straight, Blanked on Saturday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Injury Deflates JetHawks in 6-2 Loss - Lancaster JetHawks
- A's Prospect Max Stassi to Have Shoulder Surgery - Stockton Ports
- San Jose Giants on Deck: Giants Travel to Stockton for Three-Game Series - San Jose Giants
- Blaze Win in Extras - Bakersfield Blaze
- Late Rally Sinks Lancaster - Lancaster JetHawks
- Quakes Split Series with 5-4 Loss - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Giants Blast Nuts To Earn Series Split - San Jose Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.