Armor Fall to Charge
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Armor, presented by MGM Springfield, fell to the Canton Charge 118-88 tonight at the MassMutual Center. The loss dropped the Armor to 3-2, while the Charge improved to 2-4 with the victory.
Ben Uzoh established a new NBA D-League career-high with 30 points to lead all scorers, shooting 10-of-18 from the field and 10-of-14 from the foul line. He added five assists and a game-high five steals on the evening. James Mays notched a season-high 25 points and Chas McFarland chipped in 13 points and six rebounds.
Canton had six players score in double figures tonight, led by Kyle Gibson's 25 points. Arinze Onuaku contributed a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds (nine offensive), Cleveland Cavaliers' assignee Jon Leuer scored 16 points, newly-acquired Dominique Johnson tallied 15 points off the bench, Kevin Anderson added 11 points and Micheal Eric posted 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Charge buried 43-of-84 shots for 51.2% from the field, while holding the Armor to 28-of-72 for 38.9%. Canton also out-rebounded Springfield 54-29.
The Armor entered the game shorthanded tonight with forward Willie Reed unavailable due to a foot injury. Midway through the second quarter, Springfield also lost starting small forward Carleton Scott to an ankle injury.
Springfield returns to action on Friday when they travel to Canton to take on the Charge for the third time this season at 7:30 pm at the Canton Memorial Civic Center. The Armor don't return home until a Friday, Dec. 21 tilt against the Erie BayHawks.
NBA Development League Stories from December 8, 2012
- 66ers Knock off Vipers, 109-98 - Tulsa 66ers
- Stampede Swept by Toros - Idaho Stampede
- Armor Fall to Charge - Springfield Armor
- Charge Run Through Armor for 118-88 Victory - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Take Over First Place in East Division - Maine Red Claws
- Oklahoma City Thunder Assign Reggie Jackson to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - D-League
- Reggie Jackson Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Boston Celtics Re-Assign Kris Joseph to NBA D-League Affiliate Maine Red Red Claws - D-League
- Celtics Assign Joseph to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assign Lamb and Orton to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - D-League
- Jeremy Lamb and Daniel Orton Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- D-Fenders Fall to Warriors - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Bighorns Offense Too Much for Jam - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Los Angeles in First of Two Game Series - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Uses Big Fourth Quarter to Defeat BayHawks - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Toros Topple Stampede in Home-Opener - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.