Argos Sign RB William Ford
The Toronto Argonauts Football Club is pleased to welcome former South Carolina State star RB William Ford and McGill University product DB/LS Anthony Lukca.
Ford was a three-time All-Conference choice at running back and, as a junior in 2008, was named the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year. His four-year totals at SC State include 746 carries for 4,676 yards and 35 touchdowns.
Lukca was a four-year player at McGill University as both a long snapper and defensive back. He played in 29 career contests and made 180 total tackles with 7 interceptions. Lukca first learned his long snapping trade from former Argonaut and long-time NFL player J.P. Darche.
The Argonauts also announced today that RB DeCori Birmingham and 2010 CFL Canadian Draft pick LS Conor Elliott have both retired from football. Birmingham signed with Toronto as a free agent in the off-season and Elliott was the team's sixth round pick, 44th overall, out of the University of Western Ontario.
Canadian Football League Stories from June 10, 2010
- BC Lions 2010 Training Camp Report - Day 5 - B.C. Lions
- Stamps 2010 Training Camp - Day 5 Recap - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Transactions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Training Camp Report Day 5 - Montreal Alouettes
- Rider Training Camp Report - Day 5 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argos Sign RB William Ford - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.