Argo, Sawyer Received from Princeton
Eastlake, OH - In conjunction with the Tampa Bay Rays, the Bowling Green Hot Rods announce that OF Willie Argo and RHP Nick Sawyer have been received from Rookie Level Princeton. In corresponding moves, RHP Jake Floethe has been placed on the Disabled List and OF Josh Sale has been added to the restricted list. The moves leave the Hot Rods 25-man roster at its full capacity.
Argo (#29), a 22nd round selection in the 2012 Draft out of the University of Illinois, played in 64 games with the Princeton Rays this season in his professional debut, hitting .301 with 15 doubles, two home runs, and one triple, as well as 24 RBI's. Argo is from Davenport, Iowa.
Sawyer (#1), a native of the Dallas suburb of Carrolton, TX, was drafted in the 40th round in June out of Howard (JC) College (TX). For the Gulf Coast League Rays and the Princeton Rays, Sawyer was 3-1 with a 0.31 ERA with five saves, also in his professional debut.
A seven-game trip, the final road trek of the season, continues on Wednesday night with the first of a three-game set with the Lake County Captains (Future Indians) at 6:00 PM CDT from Classic Park in Eastlake, OH. Bowling Green will give the start to LHP Ryan Carpenter (11-7, 4.13), while the Captains will counter with (4-7, 3.30).
Tune in to the game on the flagship station for the Hot Rods Radio Network, 1340 WBGN-AM The Ticket and online at BGHotRods.com. The Forever Communications Pregame Show with Hank Fuerst begins at 5:40 PM CDT.
The Hot Rods return home on Saturday, September 1 to begin the final series of the 2012 regular season, a three-game series with the Fort Wayne TinCaps (Future Padres). September 1 features the return of Facebook Fans Night at Bowling Green Ballpark. Visit Facebook.com/BGHotRods.com for more information on Facebook Fans Night. To purchase tickets, log on to BGHotRods.com or call (270)-901-2121.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 29, 2012
- Bees Can't Fend off Clinton, 6-3 - Burlington Bees
- Two More for Paolini in 6-3 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Rally Late to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Fall Behind Early, Can't Catch Up Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Votto Returns But Dragons Fall 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Aguila's Four-Hit Night Not Enough - South Bend Silver Hawks
- 'Caps Take Care of Business, Toss Three-Hitter - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lugs win 80th, blast past Silver Hawks, 7-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Stall Hot Rods 7-2 - Lake County Captains
- Needy Goes the Distance in 1-0 Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Vettleson Hits 15th Jack But Road Streak Ends - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- OF Dalton Pompey Joins Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Argo, Sawyer Received from Princeton - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lugs' Tamargo Named MWL Manager of the Year, Pillar Honored as MVP - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Snappers Named Midwest League Post Season All-Stars - Beloit Snappers
- Hedges and Portillo Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- TinCaps' Stites to Play in Arizona Fall League - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Release 2013 Schedule on September 4th - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Garcia, Walsh Named Postseason All-Stars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Gameday for August 29 - Dayton Dragons
- Roster Update - Burlington Bees
- 2012 MWL Post-Season All-Star Team Announced - MWL
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: September 1-3 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Gary Mitchell Promoted to Inland Empire - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Waldrop, Mugarian Are Dragons Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings Win Second-Half Western Division - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Swept by Clinton in 6-5, 13-Inning Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.