Angels Release Seanez
SALT LAKE CITY (July 18, 2009) - The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim announced today that the club has released right-handed pitcher Rudy Seanez.
Seanez, 40, appeared in nine games for the Bees in 2009, owning a 4.00 ERA in nine innings. He joined the Bees on May 29 from extended spring training with the Angels.
Seanez was a member of the 2008 World Champion Philadelphia Phillies. The Brawley, Calif. native was originally selected by the Cleveland Indians in the fourth round of the 1986 draft.
The 48-45 Salt Lake Bees return home Monday, July 20 to begin an eight-game homestand against the Fresno Grizzlies at 7:05 p.m. at Spring Mobile Ballpark.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 18, 2009
- Z's falter in ABQ - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno Wins Third Straight Over Colorado Springs, 6-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Express win on Senators tribute night - Round Rock Express
- Cubs defeat Sounds - Iowa Cubs
- Aces Begin 4-Game Homestand Monday Night - Reno Aces
- RedHawks Game Notes for July 18 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Angels Release Seanez - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Hangs-On For 7-5 Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.