Angels Assign Frandsen To Salt Lake, Statia Reassigned To Arkansas
SALT LAKE CITY (April 30, 2010) - The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim announced today that the club has assigned newly acquired infielder Kevin Frandsen to Triple-A Salt Lake and reassigned infielder Hainley Statia from Salt Lake to Double-A Arkansas.
Frandsen, 27, was claimed off waivers from the Boston Red Sox yesterday after appearing in 17 games for Triple-A Pawtucket in 2010. He hit .258 with three doubles, two homeruns, four RBI and two stolen bases. The Los Gatos, Calif. native split the 2009 season between Triple-A Fresno (110 games) and the San Francisco Giants (23 games). He was traded to the Red Sox on March 26, 2010.
Originally drafted by San Francisco out of San Jose State University in the 12th round of the 2004 draft, Frandsen has spent parts of four seasons (174 games) with the Giants, hitting .240 with 18 doubles, seven homeruns, 39 RBI and four stolen bases. He joins fellow San Jose State alumnus Gary Patchett in the Bees infield.
Statia, 24, has appeared in 10 games for the Bees in 2010, hitting .241 with two RBI. In 111 games for Arkansas in 2009, he hit .243 with 21 doubles, two triples, 43 RBI and 13 stolen bases. He also appeared in four games for the Bees last season. The Curacao, Netherlands native was originally selected by the Angels in the ninth round of the 2004 draft.
The Salt Lake Bees continue a four-game homestand tonight against the Portland Beavers at 6:35 p.m. at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Tonight's game can be heard live on AM 1230 KFAN2. For more information about Bees season tickets, which start as low as $7 per game, call (801) 325-BASE or visit slbees.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 30, 2010
- Cooper collects three hits, two RBIs in 3-2 victory at Salt Lake - Portland Beavers
- Oklahoma City wins over New Orleans - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redhawks rip the Zephyrs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Win 7th Straight, 7-4 Over Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs lose to Omaha Royals - Iowa Cubs
- Beavers' Lance Zawadzki Selected By San Diego - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes To Participate At Challenger Little League Clinic - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Angels Assign Frandsen To Salt Lake, Statia Reassigned To Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Comedy Legend Will Ferrell to Visit The Dell Diamond May 6 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Walk Off With Win In Extras - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacoma Downs Reno 8-6 In 14 Innings - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.