Anaheim Signs John Kurtz to NHL Contract; Loans Troy Bodie to Portland Pirates
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Anaheim Ducks, NHL parent club of the AHL's Norfolk Admirals, have signed forward John Kurtz to a one-year, entry-level contract. Kurtz, who had been under an AHL contract with the Admirals this season, has been loaned to Norfolk by Anaheim and will remain with the Admirals. In addition, the Ducks have loaned forward Troy Bodie to the AHL's Portland Pirates.
Kurtz, 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, has played in 54 games for the Admirals this season. He has three goals and eight points as well as 98 penalty minutes. Kurtz has played in 121 regular season AHL games with Norfolk and Syracuse. He has complied nine goals, 16 points and 247 penalty minutes in those 121 games.
Kurtz was originally signed to an American Hockey League Standard Player's Contract by the Admirals on Sept. 21st, 2012. The 23-year-old native of Oakville, Ontario, appeared in 293 career junior games between the Ontario Hockey League's Windsor Spitfires and Sudbury Wolves, posting 78 goals and 161 points with 209 penalty minutes. He captained the Wolves in 2008-09 and 2009-10, and was named winner of the Mickey Renaud Captain's Trophy in 2009-10. The Renaud Trophy is given to the OHL team captain that best exemplifies leadership on and off the ice, with a passion and dedication to the game of hockey and his community.
Bodie, 6-foot-4, 215 pounds, had posted four goals and 12 points with 111 penalty minutes in 47 games with the Admirals in 2012-13.
The Admirals now embark on a season-ending six-game road trip beginning with contests on Friday and Saturday nights against the Worcester Sharks. The puck drops on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. All games can be heard on 102.1-FM, 1490-AM or 1021TheGame.com. You may also watch at AHLLive.com.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime.
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2013
- Wolves Finally Get Upper Hand on Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs Blanked in Crucial Game in Peora - Rockford IceHogs
- Aeros Stumble in Loss to Barons 4-1 - Houston Aeros
- Murray and McKenna Lead Rivermen Past IceHogs 4-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Finally Solve Griffins in 3-2 Win - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Sink Pirates 4-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Sink Pirates, Sweep Series - Portland Pirates
- Dallas Stars Recall Cristopher Nilstorp on Emergency Basis - Texas Stars
- Laughton and McGinn to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Senators Recall Forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau from Binghamton (AHL) - Binghamton Senators
- Anaheim Assigns LW Max Friberg to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Sign Sabourin - Manchester Monarchs
- Worcester Sharks Host Fan Appreciation Night at DCU Center - Worcester Sharks
- Anaheim Signs John Kurtz to NHL Contract; Loans Troy Bodie to Portland Pirates - Norfolk Admirals
- Sami Vatanen Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Portland Pirates Acquire Troy Bodie on Loan from Norfolk, Sign Lucas Lessio to ATO - Portland Pirates
- Individual Playoff Tickets Go On Sale To Public This Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Zucker Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Houston Aeros
- Niklas Svedberg and Ryan Spooner Named to 2012-13 AHL All-Rookie Team - Providence Bruins
- Toffoli Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Manchester Monarchs
- 2012-13 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- Defenseman Justin Schultz Named to AHL All Rookie Team - Oklahoma City Barons
- Weekend Preview vs Toronto - Abbotsford Heat
- IceCaps Acquire Mathieu Tousignant from Texas Stars - St. John's IceCaps
- Dallas Stars Reassign Mathieu Tousignant from Texas to St. John's - Texas Stars
- Phantoms Announce "2 for $20" Ticket Special - Adirondack Phantoms
- Whale Sign Forward Barclay Goodrow to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Acquire Nesbitt from Peoria - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Derek Nesbitt Dealt to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Peoria Rivermen
- IceCaps Sign Goaltender Juho Olkinuora to ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Ross Signs ATO with IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Fans Have Chance at 50,000 Shot Presented by Bud Light - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps and Pirates Cap off Season Series - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Weekly - Bobbles and Conga - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.