Amerks Sign Dylan Hunter To PTO
(Rochester, NY)... Rochester Americans Vice President of Hockey Operations Ted Nolan announced today that the team has signed forward Dylan Hunter to a 25-game professional tryout.
Hunter, 24, re-joins the Amerks after registering 10 goals and 13 assists for 23 points in 19 games with the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL this season. The Quebec City, Quebec, native returns to Rochester where he collected 75 points (28+47) and 111 penalty minutes in 137 games in two seasons (2006-08) with the Amerks.
Hunter registered his best offensive season during the 2007-08 campaign, capturing career-highs in all offensive categories in goals (20), assists (47), points (67), penalty minutes (69) and games played (70) to finish third on the team in scoring. That same season, the 6-foot-0, 210-pound forward was just one of three Amerks to reach the 20-goal plateau, in addition to being names the team's Most Improved Player and the recipient of the Fairand/O'Neil Sportsmanship Award.
In 183 American Hockey League contests with Rochester, Portland and Houston, Hunter has totaled 91 points (31+60) and 135 penalty minutes. Originally a ninth-round selection (273rd overall) of the Buffalo Sabres in the 2004 National Hockey League Entry Draft, Hunter has amassed 114 points (41+73) in 202 professional games.
Rochester returns home from its season-long six-game road trip on Friday, December 11th as the Abbotsford Heat make their inaugural visit to the Flower City. The 7:05 p.m. contest will be broadcast live on SportsRadio 1280 WHTK and FM 107.3, Rochester's Sports Talk. The game will also be televised live on Time Warner Cable SportsNet Channel 26.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 10, 2009
- Nolan Returns To Monarchs Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Lightning Recall Center Blair Jones From Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Marlies Release Andy Rogers From PTO Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Overtime Win In Springfield Caps Off Long Travel Week For Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Powerade Puzzle Giveaway Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Benoit Pouliot To Bulldogs For Conditioning Purposes - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bevy Of Promotions Set For Admirals Games Next Week - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Bring In Veteran Defenseman - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Team Up With Toys For Tots - Syracuse Crunch
- Community Practice On Saturday; Stuffed Toy Toss On Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Former UConn Husky Mike Hoffman To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Partner With Macy's And Make-A-Wish - Springfield Falcons
- American Hockey League Hall Of Fame Announces 2010 Inductees Into American Hockey League Hall Of Fam - AHL
- New York Rangers Announce Roster Moves - Connecticut Whale
- Bring The Amerks Home For The Holidays - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Sign Dylan Hunter To PTO - Rochester Americans
- Two Wolf Pack Games This Weekend To Air On WTIC NewsTalk 1080 - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.