Amerks Recall Lagace and Fienhage from ECHL
(Rochester, NY)... The Rochester Americans announced today that forward Jacob Lagace has been recalled to the Amerks from the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL and defenseman Corey Fienhage has been recalled from the Gwinnett Gladiators of the ECHL.
Lagace, 23, has appeared in 57 games with Bakersfield this season, recording 36 points (16+20) and 68 penalty minutes to rank second on the team in scoring. During the 2011-12 season, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound Lagace played in 58 games with the Amerks, collecting 20 points (10+10) and 25 penalty minutes. In 116 career AHL games with Rochester and Portland, the native of St. Hyacinthe, Quebec, has registered 43 points (20+23) and 59 penalty minutes. Lagace was selected in the fifth round (134th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres.
Fienhage, 22, has appeared in 65 games with Gwinnett this season, recording 15 points (2+13), 44 penalty minutes and a team-best +18 rating. During the 2011-12 season, Fienhage played in 20 games with the Amerks, collecting four assists and 20 penalty minutes. The native of Apple Valley, Minnesota, also played in 32 games last year for Gwinnett, where he registered 13 points (5+8) and 28 penalty minutes. Fienhage was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the third round (81st overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
For more information or to purchase tickets to an Amerks game, call 1-855-GO-AMERKS or visit www.amerks.com.
American Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2013
- Heeter Melts the Pirates - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toronto Falls 3-2 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Dramatic Win Marks Allison's 1,000th Game - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Blanked by Rochester, 3-0 - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks End Road Trip with 3-0 Win over Rampage - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Defeat Devils 4-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Fall to Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Whale Complete Good Weekend with 6-1 Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Can't 'Cap-Italize - Manchester Monarchs
- Sweatt Wins Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award - Chicago Wolves
- Sabourin Backstops Bears to Victory - Hershey Bears
- B-Sens Stunned by Whale, 6-1 - Binghamton Senators
- No Birthday Win for FINZ in 4-1 Loss to Bears - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Edge Monarchs 4-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Score Three in Second to Push Past Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Road Trip Ends with Loss at Bridgeport - Albany Devils
- Wild Recalls Kuemper and Dowell, Assigns Zucker and Hackett - Houston Aeros
- Rangers Assign Defenseman Stu Bickel to Connecticut (AHL) - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks Recall Lagace and Fienhage from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Rivermen Sign Daniel Tetrault - Peoria Rivermen
- Pirates Face Phantoms in Glens Falls Matinee - Portland Pirates
- Florida Panthers Recall Greg Rallo - San Antonio Rampage
- Boston Bruins Assign Ryan Spooner To Providence - Providence Bruins
- Heat Beat IceHogs 4-3 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Olesz's Late Goal Helps Hogs Earn a Point in Abbotsford - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters Give up Three-Goal Lead in Eventual Overtime Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Rally to Topple Stars 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Marlies Drop Admirals 3-2 in Overtime - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Dropped by Marlies 3-2 in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- Adam Almquist's Big Night Leads Griffins over Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Come Back to Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Falcons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.