AMERKS RECALL ATWAL, STEPHENS FROM CINCINNATI
Rochester, NY - Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has recalled defensemen Arvin Atwal and Devante Stephens from the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL). A native of Delta, British Columbia, the 21-year-old Atwal returns for his third stint with the Amerks, where he has one assist in four games this season. The 6-foot-0, 200-pound blueliner has also appeared in 27 games with the Cyclones, notching 11 points on three goals and eight assists. Prior to turning pro, Atwal played five seasons with the Lethbridge Hurricanes and Vancouver Giants, recording 108 points (25+83) in 225 career WHL games. He set career-highs in goals (11), assists (39) and points (50) during his final season with the Hurricanes in 2015-16.
Stephens, 20, has appeared in four games with the Amerks over two previous recalls this season, making his AHL debut in Rochester's 5-2 win over the Laval Rocket on Oct. 25. The rookie defenseman has also appeared in 31 games with Cincinnati, adding eight assists.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-1, 176-pound blueliner played three seasons with the Kelowna Rockets, recording 57 points (19+38) and a plus-56 rating in 203 career WHL games. He set career-highs in goals (13), assists (22) and points (35) last season and helped the Rockets capture the Ed Chynoweth Cup as WHL champions during his rookie campaign in 2014-15.
American Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2018
- Condors Acquire Riopel and Loney from Syracuse - Bakersfield Condors
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Goaltender Eddie Pasquale from Edmonton - Syracuse Crunch
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward A.J. Greer from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Markus Hannikainen - Cleveland Monsters
- AMERKS RECALL ATWAL, STEPHENS FROM CINCINNATI - Rochester Americans
- St. Louis Blues Reassign Forward Oskar Sundqvist to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- AMERKS, SENECA PARK ZOO PARTNER FOR "DEFEND THE ICE MONTH" IN FEBRUARY - Rochester Americans
- VALLEAU JOINS WOLVES BLUE LINE - Chicago Wolves
- STOCKTON'S SPENCER FOO NAMED CCM/AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - AHL
- P-Bruins Week in Review: All-Star Weekend - Providence Bruins
- COYOTES RECALL CAPOBIANCO FROM TUCSON - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.