Amerks Open 2013-14 Season Friday vs. Grand Rapids
(ROCHESTER, N.Y.) - The Rochester Americans' 58th season begins Friday, Oct. 4 when the team hosts the defending Calder Cup champion Grand Rapids Griffins in its Home Opener at The Blue Cross Arena at 7:05 p.m. The special pre-game festivities begin at 4:45 p.m. and will include a special pregame fan greeting by Amerks players, coaches and Alumni, live music from Big Eyed Phish and the first Amerks Happy Hour of the season.
The Amerks players who will be suiting up on Opening Night will be in the lower atrium from 4:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. greeting fans and signing autographs. At approximately 5:30, the Rochester coaching staff will spend time greeting fans in the atrium. Later on, Amerks broadcasters, Alumni and other players will be out to mingle with fans as well.
A special Opening Night ticket price of $16 is available for the Home Opener when fans purchase through Ticketmaster.com and enter the offer code "Opener."
The Amerks Happy Hour gets underway at 5:00 p.m. in the Upper Atrium Bar and features $2 Molson and Coors Light drafts for fans ages 21 and older. Big Eyed Phish (www.bigeyedphish.com), the Dave Matthews Tribute Band, will perform prior to the game starting at 5:00 p.m. as well as during the first intermission.
Friday's Home Opener will also feature the first "Mystery Puck" of the season, where a limited number of specially-designed Amerks pucks, signed by various players, will be for sale. Fans in attendance will receive a 2013-14 Amerks magnet schedule upon entering and can also get their picture taken in a Fan Photo Booth set up in the Atrium.
Full-Season, Half-Season, Freedom Packs and 12-Game ticket packages, along with individual game tickets, for the 2013-14 season are now on sale. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
American Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2013
- Comets Assigned Jeremy Welsh - Utica Comets
- Detroit Makes Final Cuts, Mrazek and Nyquist Return - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gervais and Hall Loaned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Anaheim Assigns Four Players to Norfolk; Bobkov Assigned to Utah - Norfolk Admirals
- Heat Announce over $40,000 Generated by Heat Foundation Golf Tournament - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolf Pack Announce Roster Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ottawa Sends 29 Players to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Kings Loan Schultz to Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Open 2013-14 Season Friday vs. Grand Rapids - Rochester Americans
- Texas Stars Reduce Training Camp Roster by Six - Texas Stars
- Sound Tigers Add 18 to Camp Roster - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Release Ten Players from Training Camp - Hershey Bears
- Preds Assign Moser to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier & Redmond to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Berra, Sieloff, Horak and Jones Assigned to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Bulldogs Set to Wrap up Pre-Season in Dundas - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Manderson and Minella Loaned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs Sign Gleason and Shea to AHL Contracts - Rockford IceHogs
- Sabres Assign Adam, Sulzer to Amerks - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Re-Assign Two Players and Release Seven - St. John's IceCaps
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Deadline Extended for All-Star Game Tickets - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.