Americans Beat Tulsa Again, 3-1
Allen Texas- The Americans beat the Tulsa Oilers 3-1 on Saturday night before a big crowd of 4,825 at Allen Event Center.
The Americans jumped on the board first in the opening period when Scotty Howes set up Darryl Bootland for his fourth of the season. Anthony Maiani drew the second assist and the Americans led by a 1-0 score. The Americans would score again before the period ended when Trevor Ludwig gained the Tulsa zone off the face-off, firing a shot on net that was deflected by Ryley Grantham, past Oilers netminder Dan Bakala to put Allen up 2-0 at the 15:31 mark. The shots were even 9-9 after one.
The Oilers had the only goal in the second period scoring on the power play when Ryan Menei beat Steve Silverthorn top shelf from the left wing boards to cut the Allen lead in half 2-1. Allen had a slight advantage in shots 18-14 after two periods.
The third period was pretty even with a lot of back and forth action at both ends until the 17:12 mark of the third when Americans winger Nino Musitelli stole the puck at blue-line walking in on the right side and firing one past Dan Bakala to put the game away giving the Americans a 3-1 lead. It was Musitelli's first of the season, and his first since returning to Allen.
"It was good to see Nino get rewarded," said Americans forward Darryl Bootland. "He's worked so hard and been through so much lately we were all excited to see that puck go in the net."
The Americans improve to 10-2-0 with the victory and are all alone on top of the CHL standings with 20 points. The Americans next game will be next Wednesday night in Arizona.
Need to Know
Nino Musitelli scored his first goal of the season tonight, and his first since returning to Allen
Brett Skinner continued his point streak tonight, extending it to twelve games with one assist.
Steve Silverthorn leads the CHL in wins with 7 (7-0-0)
Follow the Americans on Facebook and Twitter www.facebook.com/allenamericans www.twitter.com/allenamericans.
Central Hockey League Stories from November 17, 2012
- Mavericks Fall to Rush, 4-3 - Missouri Mavericks
- Cutthroats Fall to Brahmas in 4-1 Final - Denver Cutthroats
- Brahmas Blow by Cutthroats 4-1 - CHL
- Americans Beat Tulsa Again, 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Fall 2-1 in a Shootout to Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Win in Shootout, 2-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Bloomington Slips Past Mallards 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Win Back-And-Forth Battle over Mallards - Bloomington Blaze
- Oilers Fall Short in Allen, Drop 3-1 Decision to Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Hold on Late, Top Rush 2-1 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Rush Drop 2-1 Decision to Brahmas on Law Enforcement Appreciation Night - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.