All-Star Robles Placed on DL
COMSTOCK PARK -The West Michigan Whitecaps, in conjunction with the Detroit Tigers, announced today that left-handed pitcher Mauricio Robles has been placed on the disabled list and right-handed pitcher Rob Waite has been promoted from extended spring training.
Robles, who was named to the Midwest League All-Star team yesterday, is 4-3 with a 3.91 ERA and a league-leading 70 strikeouts in 53 innings of work.
Waite, a 17th round selection of the Tigers in June 2008 draft, spent last season with the GCL Tigers. He went 1-3 with a 4.67 ERA, 25 strikeouts and two saves in 27 innings pitched.
Midwest League Stories from June 6, 2009
- Whew! 'Caps hold on, beat Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Passed ball in the 14th leads to game-winning run - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Rally in Ninth for Win - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Beat KC 8-1 Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps Rebound With 5-1 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees sting in the ninth - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Whitecaps Hold Off Lugnuts, 5-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Win Pitchers' Duel, 2-1 - Great Lakes Loons
- Cougars Knocked Out by Peoria - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Edge Dragons 2-1 in Series Opener - Dayton Dragons
- Hawks Held to Two Hits in Loss - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Rainout Saturday means doubleheader Sunday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Macias Returns to Chiefs, Shafer Activated for Saturday Start - Peoria Chiefs
- Kickoff Summer On Monday With Miller Beer And The Timber Ratters - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- INF Chris Fox Joins Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- All-Star Robles Placed on DL - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Timber Rattlers snap Kernels streak, 5-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.