Albany's Matt Anderson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
February 11, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Albany Devils right wing Matt Anderson has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 10, 2013.
Anderson notched three goals and four assists for seven points in three games as the Devils earned three big road wins to keep pace in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt.
On Tuesday night at Connecticut, Anderson recorded a goal and two assists in regulation and converted on his attempt in the shootout as Albany defeated the Whale, 4-3. He followed that up with another three-point effort on Saturday at Syracuse, tallying a goal and two assists in the third period of the Devils' come-from-behind 4-3 win over the Crunch. And on Sunday in Binghamton, Anderson scored during another third-period comeback and was credited with a career-high nine shots on goal as Albany rallied for a 3-2 shootout victory over the Senators.
A sixth-year pro out of the University of Massachusetts, Anderson now leads Albany with 18 assists and 28 points in 43 games this season. The 2011 AHL All-Star has totaled 73 goals and 119 assists for 192 points in 318 AHL games with Albany and Chicago, and was a member of the Wolves' Calder Cup championship team in 2008. Anderson, a native of West Islip, N.Y., made his National Hockey League debut with New Jersey on Jan. 29, 2013, and has recorded one assist in two NHL games.
In recognition of his achievement, Anderson will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Devils home game.
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2013
- Bruins Fall to Pirates - Providence Bruins
- Lightning Recall Forward Richard Panik From Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Recall Defenseman Josh McFadden from Loan - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Home For Three Games This Weekend - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Guenin Recalled by Anaheim; Admirals Release Two - Norfolk Admirals
- Former Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coach Claude Julien Named 2013 Recipient of PHPA Curt Leichner Award - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dallas Recalls Antoine Roussel from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Sharks Solid as a Rock on Road - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Claude Julien Named 2013 Recipient of the PHPA Curt Leichner Distinguished Member Award - Providence Bruins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Wear Your Jersey To Work Day Part Of Hockey Weekend Across America - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Take Part In Bart & Nadia Health Festival - Oklahoma City Barons
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks' Road Game At Lake Erie To Be Broadcast On Wber 90.5 Fm - Rochester Americans
- Dax Bobblehead Unveiled - Adirondack Phantoms
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Take Two of Three in Week 18 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Matt Anderson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- B's Assign Jamie Tardif To Providence - Providence Bruins
- Allen Returns, Kaprowich to ECHL - Peoria Rivermen
- IceCaps Recall Cody Sol from Colorado - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Bears Grab Three Points In Exciting Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Colins Agrees to PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- McNeill Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.