Alaska's Dubinsky Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week
October 31, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Brandon Dubinsky of the Alaska Aces is the Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week for Oct. 22-28.
Dubinsky scored five goals, added two assists and was +4 last week as the Aces swept a three-game series against San Francisco.
The 26-year-old had a power-play goal in a 4-1 win on Friday and followed that up with three goals and an assist in a 5-2 victory on Saturday. He ended the week with the game-winning goal and an assist in the Aces' 3-2 win on Sunday.
Dubinsky leads the Aces with six goals and nine points. His six goals are tied for the overall league lead and his 37 shots on goal are tied for second.
A native of Anchorage, Dubinsky has 213 points (81g-132a) in 393 career National Hockey League games with the New York Rangers, who selected him in the second round (60th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. During the summer, he was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of the trade that sent Rick Nash to the Rangers.
On behalf of Brandon Dubinsky, a case of pucks will be donated to an Alaska youth hockey organization by Sher-Wood Hockey, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Sher-Wood Hockey has donated more than 27,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
Runners Up: Justin Shugg, Florida (3 gp, 3g, 3a, 6 pts) and Kael Mouillierat, Idaho (3 gp, 1g, 4a, 5 pts).
Also Nominated: Tyler Brenner (Bakersfield), Charles-Olivier Roussel (Cincinnati), Trent Daavettila (Colorado), Patrick Kennedy (Evansville), Brandon Marino (Fort Wayne), Sean Berkstresser (Greenville), Doug Jones (Gwinnett), Sam Ftorek (Kalamazoo), Adam Hughesman (Las Vegas), Derek Couture (Ontario), Nick Petersen (Orlando), Tommy Cross (South Carolina), Andrej Nestrasil (Toledo), Colin Vock (Utah) and Paul Crowder (Wheeling).
WEEK PLAYER TEAM
Oct. 12-14 Riley Armstrong Utah Grizzlies
Oct. 15-21 Artem Demkov Elmira Jackals
ECHL Stories from October 31, 2012
- Cyclones Sneak Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wilson's Late Goal Propels Cyclones Past Wings, 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nigro, Sonne Called Up; Moon Obtained from Cincinnati - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - October 31 - ECHL
- Edmonton Oilers Assign LW Kristians Pelss to Thunder From Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Brandon Dubinsky Named ECHL Player of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Alaska's Dubinsky Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nailers to Help Hurricane Sandy Victims - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Host Safe Trick Or Treat - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Are Changing the Face of Hockey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Goes Pink VII Scheduled for November 2-4 - Stockton Thunder
- Snellville Soldier to be Honored as "Hometown Hero" - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gladiators Lee Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo at Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gwinnett's Lee Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Today - October 31 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - October 30 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.