Aeros Promote Meyer; Tomlin Activated
The Aeros made a roster move today, as LHP Matt Meyer has been promoted to Class AAA Columbus and RHP Josh Tomlin has been activated from the disabled list.
Meyer was 0-1 with a 7.36 ERA in 23 relief appearances for Akron. Tomlin, who will start tonight against Erie, has missed the last week with a left calf strain. The Texas native is 13-9 with a 4.30 ERA this year, and leads the league in wins while ranking second with 116 strikeouts. A victory tonight would make him just the third pitcher in franchise history with at least 14 wins in a single season (Paul Byrd - 14, 1992 and Adam Miller - 15, 2006).
Eastern League Stories from September 4, 2009
- Fisher Cats pitchers strike out 15 batters in 14-inning loss at Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Some magic in the teal, Dogs win in 14-innings 3-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Double Down On Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Defenders Win 12-6 - Connecticut Defenders
- Tomlin, Constanza lead Aeros in 5-1 Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Paniagua Perfect, B-Mets Open Home Stand with 7-2 Win - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Trenton loses 8-7 heartbreaker - Trenton Thunder
- Curve skid hits six as Altoona falls - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Hold off Trenton, Creep Closer to Playoffs - New Britain Rock Cats
- Marrero leads Senators to 7-3 win over Bowie - Harrisburg Senators
- Montanez Rejoins Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron Aeros - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Media Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Aeros Promote Meyer; Tomlin Activated - Akron RubberDucks
- Carlos Santana of the Akron Aeros is Named the 2009 Eastern League Most Valuable Player - EL
- Santana Named Eastern League MVP - Akron RubberDucks
- 2009 Curve Attendance Finishes on the Upswing - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.