Admirals, Wisconsin AAA to Team Up
Milwaukee, WI-Milwaukee Admirals Owner/CEO Harris Turer and Wisconsin AAA Hockey President Bob Delgadillo announced today that the two organization's have reached a five-year deal where Wisconsin AAA will now be called the Milwaukee Junior Admirals.
"We are thrilled to enter into a partnership with Wisconsin AAA and to be a part of youth hockey at the highest level," said Turer. "This will help to continue the great strides that they have made over the past few years and we hope to turn Junior Admirals into future Admirals."
The Milwaukee Jr. Admirals AAA Hockey Program is a non-profit youth organization, created under the guidance of USA Hockey, to compete at the USA Hockey Tier 1 National level.
The organization provides the opportunity for the areas best young hockey players to develop and compete against other top hockey players in North America. The Milwaukee Jr. Admirals Hockey Program fields seven "AAA" teams including players born in the years1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, Midget Minor and Midget Major. The Junior Admirals, who currently compete in the Mid-America Hockey League, play their home games at the Pettit National Ice Center.
Milwaukee's only AAA hockey organization, and just one of four in Wisconsin, the Junior Admirals alumni include Drew Stafford, who has 11 points (4g-7a) in 24 games with the Buffalo Sabres this season, Brett Engelhardt, who plays in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization, and David Steckel, who was a first round draft pick of the Los Angeles Kings in 2001, and currently plays for the Hershey Bears in the American Hockey League.
The big Admirals are back in action tonight when they host the Hamilton Bulldogs at 7:00 pm at the Bradley Center. In addition to the game, Grammy awarding winning rock band REO Speedwagon will perform in a post-game concert. A great supply of tickets remains for the game and can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (414) 276-4545 or log on to www.ticketmaster.com.
American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2007
- Admirals able to ride the storm out - Milwaukee Admirals
- Knights Outlast Determined Aeros, 3-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Get Win Number 40 - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Fall to Norfolk, 3-2 - Albany Devils
- P-Bruins Defeat Sharks 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- Phantoms Take 4-2 Win Over Binghamton - Adirondack Phantoms
- Two late goals sink Houston - Houston Aeros
- Pens Overcome Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Announce Clear Day Roster - Portland Pirates
- Griffinshockey.com Relaunches for Run to the Playoffs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen to Appear at Sully's Pub on Saturday Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Apache Corporation Teacher Appreciation Night is March 31 - Houston Aeros
- Sharks sign Josh Prudden to AHL contract - Worcester Sharks
- Stanley Cup Coming March 11 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals, Wisconsin AAA to Team Up - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Send Schell To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Rivermen Announce AHL Clear Day Roster - Peoria Rivermen
- Moose Visit 17 Wing as part of Military Tribute Night - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Recalls Pineault - Syracuse Crunch
- Howard Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Knights Release Clear Day Roster - Abbotsford Heat
- Devils Announce Clear Day Roster - Albany Devils
- Amerks announce Clear Day roster - Rochester Americans
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Bulldogs announce Clear Day roster - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage receive Leavitt on loan from Houston - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to AHL contracts - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage announce Clear Day roster - San Antonio Rampage
- P-Bruins Announce Clear Day Roster - Providence Bruins
- Iowa Stars announce Clear Day roster - Iowa Chops
- Monarchs Announce Clear Day Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Bears complete preparations for title defense - Hershey Bears
- Hartford Wolf Pack Release Clear Day Roster - Connecticut Whale
- River Rats announce Clear Day roster - Albany River Rats
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- AHL's Clear Day lists announced - Houston Aeros
- Moose Finalize Clear Day Roster - Manitoba Moose
- Falcons to present "Golden Stripes Award" - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins announce Clear Day roster - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Announce Clear Day Roster - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Announce Playoff Roster - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.