Admirals Take Down Rockford 2-1
Milwaukee, WI--Taylor Beck scored the game-winning goal with just over ten minutes to play to break a 1-1 tie and give the Ads a 2-1 victory over the Rockford IceHogs on Friday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Jeremy Smith was once again solid in net for Milwaukee, stopping 33 of 34 shots to help the team take two of three match-ups over the past week against the Hogs.
Similar to Wednesday night's game between the two clubs the Ads got on the board first, this time on Jani Lajunen's first of the year. Defenseman Charles-Oliver Roussel fired a shot from the point that Lajunen tipped past Rockford goalie Carter Hutton. The assist was the first point as an Admiral for Roussel.
Rockford tied it up with a power-play goal by Brandon Bollig at 9:33. It was the first PP given up by the Ads their past seven games.
The Admirals posted a season-high 19 shots on goal during the second period, thanks in part to three power-plays, but couldn't get one past Hutton and the two teams went into the locker room after 40 minutes knotted at 1.
Beck registered the game-winner. Ads forward Patrick Cehlin carried the puck into the zone and dropped it for Victor Bartley. Bartley blasted a slapper that Hutton saved with a long rebound out to Beck, who shot the puck off the stick of Hogs forward Wade Brookbank and through the wickets of Hutton.
The Admirals are off for the next five days for Christmas and then take on the Peoria Rivermen for back-to-back 7 pm games at the BMOBC on Thursday, December 27th and Friday, December 28th.
For tickets fans should call Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more receive significant discounts off the original ticket price. For more information, or to purchase group tickets, fans can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
American Hockey League Stories from December 21, 2012
- Heat Lose 5-1 in Grand Rapids - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Take Down Rockford 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Edged by Phantoms in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Burned by Heeter - Adirondack Phantoms
- Mrazek and Griffins Cool off Heat - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Harpooned at Home - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Top B-Sens in High Scoring Affair - Rochester Americans
- Special Teams and Goaltending Key in Admirals Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- IceCaps Freeze Bulldogs 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dekanich solid as IceCaps edge Bulldogs - St. John's IceCaps
- Nilstorp, Stars Blank Barons 3-0 - Texas Stars
- B-Sens Fall to Amerks in Shootout, 6-5 - Binghamton Senators
- Marlies Defeat Rampage 4-1 on Record Night for Ryan Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Matsumoto Plays Role of Grinch in Providence with Late Game-Winner - Worcester Sharks
- Win Streak Snapped in Loss to Checkers - Peoria Rivermen
- P-Bruins Fall to Sharks - Providence Bruins
- Checkers Extend Point Streak - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Late Goal Not Enough - Albany Devils
- Rampage Outshoot Marlies, But Drop 4-1 Decision at Toronto - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Make Most of Shots in 5-2 Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Sound Tigers Provide Tickets to Newtown Residents Free of Charge this Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- TSN Radio 690 and SiriusXM to Continue Coverage of Hamilton Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Whitfield, Laing Named Playing Captains for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- SiriusXM NHL Network to Air Another Texas Stars Broadcast - Texas Stars
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More AHL Games to Broadcast Schedule - AHL
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Cody Wild to PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Second Straight Night of Last-Minute Winning for Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Classic Comeback Ends with Shootout Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- McKenna Stops 50 in Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.