Admirals Sign Two Defensemen to Tryout Contracts
NORFOLK - The Norfolk Admirals have signed defensemen Kyle Bushee and Sacha Guimond ("GWEE-mohn") to Professional Tryout Contracts.
Bushee, 6-foot-0, 185 pounds, has already appeared in two games with the Admirals this season after first being signed to a PTO on January 12th. Since being released from his first contract with Norfolk on January 16th, he was also signed to a PTO by Binghamton, but he did not appear in a game with the Senators.
Bushee has appeared in 41 games with the ECHL's Elmira Jackals this season, leading all team defensemen with six goals and tying for the team lead in scoring by a defenseman with 21 points. The 27-year-old native of Otsego, Michigan, has appeared in five professional seasons. In 14 career AHL games between the Admirals, Portland Pirates, Manitoba Moose and St. John's IceCaps, Bushee has posted one goal and three points with six penalty minutes. In 314 career ECHL games, Bushee has posted 27 goals and 112 points with 202 penalty minutes.
An undrafted defenseman, Bushee played collegiate hockey for both Western Michigan University and Canisius College, posting nine goals and 38 points in 128 games.
Guimond, 6-foot-2, 185 pounds, has appeared in two AHL games this season with the Worcester Sharks. He made his AHL debut with Worcester on January 12th at Albany after signing a PTO with the Sharks earlier that day. He was released by Worcester on January 17th.
The 21-year-old native of Ville-Marie, Quï¿½bec, leads all ECHL defensemen in scoring and also ranks eighth among all ECHL rookies in scoring. He has appeared in 42 ECHL games during his first professional season, posting eight goals and 35 points between the San Francisco Bulls and Gwinnett Gladiators. Guimond was acquired by the Gladiators on January 14th.
An undrafted defenseman, Guimond appeared in 99 career junior games between the OHL's London Knights and the QMJHL's Baie-Comeau Drakkar, scoring 10 goals and 47 points in two seasons.
The Admirals take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins tonight and tomorrow night at Norfolk Scope Arena. The second Military Appreciation Night, presented by USAA, takes place on tonight. Red Level Tickets (normally $19 on game nights) will be available for just $11 at the Norfolk Scope Box Office for all active or retired military, their dependents and reservists with valid military identification. Groups of 15 or more can purchase their Red Level Tickets for just $9 by contacting the Admirals Group Sales Office via phone at (757) 640-1212 ext. 23. In addition, the first 2,500 fans through the gates tonight will receive Admirals thundersticks, courtesy of Tim Horton's.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2013
- Admirals Fall to Houston 5-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Muscle Past Penguins in Third Period - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Banish Phantoms 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Fitzy Shows off at Syracuse - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hogs Return Home on Winning Streak - Rockford IceHogs
- Rivermen Let One Slip Away - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Sled Past Bulldogs 3-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins See Shutout and Win Streak End in Oklahoma City - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Blank Bulldogs, 3-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Dropped by Admirals - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Brandon Davidson Returns to Barons Lineup - Oklahoma City Barons
- Whale Escape for Nicer Weather To...Newfoundland" - Connecticut Whale
- Flames Recall Centre Ben Street - Abbotsford Heat
- Andersson Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game on: Hamilton Bulldogs vs. Chicago Wolves Tonight - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Sign Goaltender Grant Rollheiser - Abbotsford Heat
- Kings Acquire Defenseman Keaton Ellerby - Manchester Monarchs
- Bruins Game in Manchester Rescheduled - Providence Bruins
- Monarchs Pink in the Rink Game Moved to Tuesday - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- 8th Annual Griffins & Sled Wings Game Set for February 12 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekend Preview vs Lake Erie - Abbotsford Heat
- B-Sens Loan Goaltender Marc Cheverie to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Senators Re-Assign Mark Borowiecki to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign Two Defensemen to Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.