Admirals Sign Defenseman Ryan Parent to PTO
NORFOLK - The Norfolk Admirals have signed defenseman Ryan Parent ("PAIR-ehnt") to an American Hockey League Professional Tryout Contract (PTO), Admirals Assistant General Manager Bob Ferguson announced today.
Parent, a 6-foot-2, 205-pound defenseman, is a sixth-year professional with over 100 games of NHL experience. Last season, he appeared in 22 games with the AHL's Chicago Wolves, posting one goal and six points with 31 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating. He then recorded an assist in five Calder Cup Playoff games. Parent also represented Canada at the 2011 Spengler Cup tournament in Davos, Switzerland.
A former first-round draft pick, Parent has appeared in 106 career NHL games between the Philadelphia Flyers and Vancouver Canucks, registering one goal and seven points with 36 penalty minutes. He has also skated in 27 career Stanley Cup Playoff games, helping the Flyers advance to the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals. The Nashville Predators selected Parent in the first round (18th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Parent, a 25-year-old from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, has appeared in 135 career AHL games between the Philadelphia Phantoms, Manitoba Moose and Chicago Wolves, netting four goals and 18 points with 151 penalty minutes and a plus-10 rating. He has also played 15 career Calder Cup Playoff games, helping the Milwaukee Admirals advance to the 2006 Calder Cup Finals.
Prior to turning professional, Parent played 227 games with the OHL's Guelph Storm, notching 10 goals and 56 points in his junior career. He also helped Team Canada to gold medals at the 2006 and 2007 IIHF World Junior Championships.
Individual tickets are on sale now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com. Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime.
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2012
- Admirals Fall to Stars 3-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Drop Midweek Game to Whale - Albany Devils
- Whale Explode for 5-2 Win - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Shut out by Resurgent Johnson, Pirates - St. John's IceCaps
- Johnson Shuts out St. John's as Pirates Power Past IceCaps 4-0 - Portland Pirates
- Marlies Earn Three Of Six Points In Weekend Games - Toronto Marlies
- Dallas Reassigns Coyle to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Scott Stajcer Assigned to ECHL Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Tyler Shattock Rejoins Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Admirals Sign Defenseman Ryan Parent to PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Dean Evason & Ryan Mougenel on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Rampage Make Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.