Admirals Reduce Training Camp Roster By Eight
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals reduced their training camp roster by eight players today, it was announced by Admirals General Manager Mike Butters. In addition, the Admirals also announced their training camp schedule for this week.
The following players have been released from their training camp tryouts and will join the teams listed in parenthesis:
Forward Matt Auffrey (Augusta, ECHL)
Defenseman Jason Beckett (Fort Wayne, IHL)
Goaltender Nick Boucher (Fort Wayne, IHL)
Forward Michael Field (Augusta, ECHL)
Defenseman Chris Kaufman (Bakersfield, ECHL)
Forward Sean D. O'Connor (Phoenix, ECHL)
Forward Sean E. O'Connor (Augusta, ECHL)
Forward Jamie Thompson (Augusta, ECHL)
Training camp now consists of 15 forwards, 11 defensemen and three goaltenders. Returning 2007-08 Admirals will include forwards Blair Jones, Bracken Kearns, Chris Lawrence, Justin Keller, Brandon Segal, Radek Smolenak and Paul Szczechura, and defensemen Daryl Boyle, Justin Fletcher, Kevin Quick, Andy Rogers, Jay Rosehill and Matt Smaby.
Rounding out the forward ranks will be Luciano Aquino, Brandon Bochenski, Mathieu Curadeau, Mitch Fadden, Zenon Konopka, Brady Leavold, Wyatt Smith and Peter Zingoni. Defensemen will include Brent Henley, Jay Holladay, Scott Jackson, Jeff May and Ty Wishart. Goaltenders Riku Helenius, Craig Kowalski and Mike McKenna complete the roster.
The Admirals are scheduled to be on the ice at Norfolk Scope for practices at the following times:
Monday, September 29: 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 30: 10:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Wednesday, October 1: 10:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Thursday, October 2: 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Friday, October 3 (pre-game skate): 10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Saturday, October 4 (pre-game skate): 10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
The Admirals will host the Philadelphia Phantoms on Friday and Saturday at Scope in two preseason games. Tickets for those games are available now and are only $8 for adults and $5 for children under 12 years of age.
The 20th season of Admirals hockey officially kicks off on Friday and Saturday, October 10 and 11, at Scope against the Hershey Bears.
To purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at (757) 671-8100 or visit Ticketmaster online at www.ticketmaster.com. Don't miss a minute of the action by purchasing your 2008-09 season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
American Hockey League Stories from September 29, 2008
- Coyotes Assign Five Players To San Antonio Training Camp - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Send Three More To Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Reduce Training Camp Roster By Eight - Norfolk Admirals
- Houston Aeros assigned 14 from Minnesota Wild camp - Houston Aeros
- Amerks Get Six More From Florida - Rochester Americans
- San Jose Sharks Sign Defenseman Jason Demers - Worcester Sharks
- River Rats Announce 2008 Training Camp Roster - Albany River Rats
- Moose announce 2008-09 Promo Schedule - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Reduce Roster; Send Four To Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Get Seven From Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Islanders Claim Thomas Pock - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Only Two More Days To Purchase Vip Season Ticket Holder Packages - Albany River Rats
- Canadiens Assign 16 Players To Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Fans Receive Opening Night Tix with RBK Jersey Purchase - Peoria Rivermen
- Kings Assign 13 Players To Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Bears assign 10 to minor league camps - Hershey Bears
- Rampage Camp Schedule Changes - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Reduce Roster By Eight Players - Binghamton Senators
- Worcester Sharks Announce Training Camp Roster And Exhibition Game Schedule - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals get Three More from Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.