Admirals Fall to Rockford 2-1
Rockford, IL--Goalie Henrik Karlsson turned aside 31 Milwaukee shots to lead the Rockford IceHogs to a 2-1 win over Milwaukee Tuesday night. The Admirals cranked up the pressure in the third period with 14 shots on goal, but Karlsson stopped them all for his first win against Milwaukee this season.
The loss dropped Milwaukee from seventh to ninth place in the Western Conference standings. The top eight teams at the end of the regular season will make the playoffs.
Rockford grabbed a 1-0 lead with a late first period goal by Kyle Beach with 1:58 remaining in the frame. Beach received the puck in the high slot from Byron Froese and fired a low wrist shot past Admirals goalie Magnus Hellberg.
The Admirals tied the game with a power play goal at 15:31 of the second period by Michael Latta. Ryan Ellis sent a pass from the point to the right wing corner for Brad Winchester. Winchester threaded a pass through the slot to Juuso Puustinen in the left circle. As Rockford players pursued, Puustinen slid a pass to Latta in the slot for an easy goal, his ninth of the season and third on the power play.
The IceHogs scored the eventual game-winner late in the second period. Ryan Stanton received a pass from teammate Brandon Pirri in the neutral zone and skated to the top of the right circle. He snapped a shot over the right shoulder of Hellberg for the lead at 18:47 of the second period.
The Admirals will host Rockford in a rematch Friday night at 7:00pm. The first 5000 fans will receive a "fighting" Jeremy Smith bobblehead - commemorating the Ads/IceHogs bench clearing brawl that took place one-year ago.
Fans can order tickets by calling Ticketmaster at (800)745-3000 or by logging on to the Admirals website at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com. Groups of ten or more get $2 off every ticket. For more info on how to order group tickets please call (414)227-0550.
American Hockey League Stories from April 2, 2013
- Stanton, Karlsson Lead Hogs to Victory - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Fall Behind Early, Drop 6-3 Decision to Chicago - San Antonio Rampage
- Francis Pare Has Historic Night in Griffins 5-1 Victory over Aeros - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Fall to Rockford 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Strome Leads Sound Tigers to Win over Sharks - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Start Six-Game Road Trip with 6-3 Triumph at San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons' Winning Streak Doused By Devils - Springfield Falcons
- Barons Beat Bulldogs 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals' Comeback Falls One Goal Short vs. Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Skate Past Aeros 5-1 - Houston Aeros
- Paradis Dealt to Tampa Bay - Rockford IceHogs
- Penguins Hold on for Road Win over Admirals - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Skid Hits Five Games After 4-2 Loss to Sound Tigers - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Winners at Springfield - Albany Devils
- Lightning Acquire LW Philippe Paradis from Blackhawks - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Makes Seven Player Moves with Texas Stars; Cameron Signs SPC - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Acquire Cameron Gaunce from Colorado in for Tomas Vincour - Texas Stars
- Cundari Joins Heat; Howse and Martin to Utah - Abbotsford Heat
- Kings Trade Drewiske - Manchester Monarchs
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Johan Larsson from the Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Blues Place Oshie on IR, Recall Allen and Cracknell - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Assign Nathan Beaulieu to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Enter Home Stretch of Regular Season as Playoff Race Heats Up - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall D Nick Schaus from ECHL, Sign D Kevin Gagne to Amateur Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Dan Miner Bobbleheads Unveiled - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Raise More Than $60,000 in 13th Annual MDA Jersey Auction - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Acquire Garrett Stafford from Washington for Dane Byers - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch to Wear Orange in Support of Syracuse University Final Four Appearance - Syracuse Crunch
- Nashville Predators Recall Mueller from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bruins Acquire Jaromir Jagr From Dallas - Providence Bruins
- Matthew Roeder of Victor Wins 2012-13 Thomas M. Nichols Scholarship - Rochester Americans
- SJ Sharks Sign Crane, Nieto, Tarasov and Tierney - Worcester Sharks
- Forward Dane Byers Joins Hershey Bears - Hershey Bears
- Midwest Division Showdown Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Connauton Included in Roy Trade - Chicago Wolves
- Schroeder Returned to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Reduce Carbon Footprint and Win IceCaps Memorabilia - St. John's IceCaps
- Worcester Sharks Team up with March of Dimes on April 6 at DCU - Worcester Sharks
- Forward Joel Rechlicz Returns to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Pirates Acquire Matt Clackson from Hershey - Portland Pirates
- Panthers Recall Forward Greg Rallo from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Blackhawks Reassign Hayes and Morin - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirates Sign Justin Feser to Amateur Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Sabres Recall Defenseman Adam Pardy from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Centre Aaron Gagnon Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Niklas Svedberg Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Providence Bruins
- Gagnon, Svedberg, Leggio Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Amerks' David Leggio Named Ccm/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Albany, Game #67 - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.