ADMIRALS EARN VICTORY OVER IOWA
Des Moines, IA - Goalie Anders Lindback stopped 40 shots and Mark Zengerle posted three points to lead the Milwaukee Admirals to a 4-2 win over the Iowa Wild Tuesday at Wells Fargo Arena.
The win was Lindback's 11th of the season, the most in the AHL. With the win, the Admirals moved from fourth place up to second place in the Central Division.
The Admirals struck first at 11:33 of the first period. Iowa goalie Steve Michalek mishandled the puck behind his own goal. Zengerle stole the puck and centered for Trevor Mingoia who sent the puck into a wide-open net. It was Mingoia's first career AHL goal in his first game with Milwaukee. Zengerle recorded the primary assist, his first point since joining the Ads. Petter Granberg also recorded an assist.
Zengerle made it 2-0 with a power play goal at 2:14 of the second. P-C Labrie whipped the puck from the right point around the boards. As Iowa's goalie looked to his right, the puck hit a seam in the right corner and bounced to the front of the net. Zengerle pounced on the chance and poked the puck into the cage for his first goal as an Admiral. Labrie and Fred Allard recorded the helpers.
Iowa got on the board at 7:10 of the second frame when former Ads star Cal O'Reilly scored on a Wild power play.
Milwaukee gained the two-goal advantage back just :28 after O'Reilly's goal. Alex Carrier's shot from the right circle bounced off the glove of Michalek, into the net, for Carrier's second goal of the year. Zengerle and Jimmy Oligny notched the assists.
Iowa's Kyle Rau put his team within one when he deflected a Brennan Menell shot into the net at 8:54 of the third period, making the score 3-2.
Milwaukee's Bobby Butler scored an empty-net goal with 1:24 remaining in the third period.
The Admirals travel to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Fri., Dec. 1 for the first time since the 2004 Calder Cup Final. Milwaukee returns home Tues., Dec. 5 to host the San Diego Gulls at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2017
- IOWA WILD ANNOUNCES POSTGAME CASSADEE POPE CONCERT FOR January 20 - Iowa Wild
- Wild Falls to Ads 4-2 - Iowa Wild
- ADMIRALS EARN VICTORY OVER IOWA - Milwaukee Admirals
- Hogs to Host Marian Hossa this Friday, December 1 - Rockford IceHogs
- RAMPAGE PLAYERS TO TEAM UP WITH YOUTH RECLAMATION THURSDAY - San Antonio Rampage
- COLORADO AVALANCHE RECALL DEFENSEMAN DUNCAN SIEMENS FROM SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio Rampage
- GRIFFINS AND SLED WINGS TO FACE OFF IN 13th ANNUAL SLED HOCKEY GAME - Grand Rapids Griffins
- CONDORS SET FOR CAPACITY CROWD ON THURSDAY - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Sign Colin Stevens to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- BLUE JACKETS RECALL CARLSSON, ASSIGN HANNIKAINEN TO MONSTERS - Cleveland Monsters
- COYOTES ASSIGN CHYCHRUN TO TUCSON FOR CONDITIONING PURPOSES - Tucson Roadrunners
- SYRACUSE CRUNCH TO HOST STAR WARS NIGHT DEC. 1 - Syracuse Crunch
- 2018 AHL All-Star Classic Media Credential Application Available Now - AHL
- Reign Take Four-Game Winning Streak into Weekend - Ontario Reign
- MATTEAU RECALLED TO GOLDEN KNIGHTS - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes to Honor Arizona Diamondbacks Manager Torey Lovullo On - Tucson Roadrunners
- MONSTERS RECALL BOBBY MACINTYRE FROM LOAN TO ECHL'S JACKSONVILLE ICEMEN - Cleveland Monsters
- Sean Maguire Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- D Samuel Morin Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- MINNESOTA RECALLS DEFENSEMAN RYAN MURPHY FROM IOWA - Iowa Wild
- HOGS ANNOUNCE 12 DEALS OF CHRISTMAS - Rockford IceHogs
- 10,549 TEDDY BEARS COLLECTED IN RECORD TOSS - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.