Aces Take Game Two from Wranglers, Win 2-1
Las Vegas - The Las Vegas Wranglers fell 2-1 to the Alaska Aces tonight, but managed to snap a two-game scoreless streak with a goal in the second period.
Alaska opened up scoring on a power play goal midway through the first period, off the stick of center Nick Mazzolini. Las Vegas countered almost exactly one period later, and a goal from center Eric Lampe at the 9:00 mark made it a 1-1 game. With that goal, the Wranglers ended a goal-less streak dating back to a game against the Ontario Reign on Friday, Nov. 2.
With three minutes left in the second, the Aces regained the one-goal lead on a second goal from Mazzolini. Both Wranglers goaltender Joe Fallon and Aces goaltender Mark Guggenberger held the third period scoreless, which tilted to Las Vegas' disadvantage as Alaska tallied the 2-1 win.
The same two teams finish the three-game series tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m., and Captain America will be live on the Orleans Arena concourse for photos and autographs. Tonight's full box score can be found here .
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, 2012-13 ticket plans are on sale now. Packages start at $93 and can be customized for five, 12 or 22-game plans. Full season tickets come with benefits including buddy passes, exclusive events, a team shop discount and more. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK . The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from November 10, 2012
- Eagles Complete Sweep of Grizzlies Behind Costello's Hat Trick - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Idaho, 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Takes Out Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Gwinnett Holds off Everblades with a Wild 7-6 Win - Florida Everblades
- Titans Drop Fifth Straight; Fall in Reading, 4-1 - Trenton Titans
- Road Warriors Hand Cincinnati First Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Five Goal Third Period Lifts Solar Bears to 5-3 Win over Elmira - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Slip Past Stingrays 2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kalamazoo Ends Home Stand with a 6-2 Victory over Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Downed by Solar Bears - Elmira Jackals
- Walleye Sink Nailers with Three-Goal Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Sneak Past Cyclones, 5-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Come Back, Stun Florida 7-6 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - November 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Wranglers Fans Donate over 2.5 Tons of Food to Three Square Food Bank - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs.Elmira Jackals Tonight - November 10 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit IceMen Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals and Capitals 'RED-Y' to Rock Reading - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - November 10 - ECHL
- Aces Take Game Two from Wranglers, Win 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Mazzolini, Guggenberger Pace Alaska in 2-1 Win at Vegas - Alaska Aces
- Six game win streak snapped, Reed collects lone Thunder goal - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Lets One Slip Away in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Stewart Stellar, Boyd Clutch as Condors Knock off Idaho, 3-2 (So) - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.