Academy Update: 2013 D.C. United Training Program open for registration
Washington, D.C. (January 23, 2013) - With the new year just underway, the 2013 D.C. United Training Program - led by Pre-Academy and Academy coaching staff - is open for registration and the winter session is just around the corner, starting on Sunday, February 3. The Training Program, which is available to the U9-U11 and U12-U13 age groups, presents a key opportunity for participants to be identified and scouted for United's Pre-Academy squads and the recently introduced U-14 Academy Team.
Commencing in the fall of this year, the U-13/14 division of the U.S Soccer Development Academy will consist of current Academy clubs and select sides from outside the current Academy structure. The adoption of the new model will bolster the level of competitiveness of United's Academy, which has already produced Homegrown talents such as First-Team starters Bill Hamid and Andy Najar. Pre-Academy and Academy product Michael Seaton, age 16, became the most recent Homegrown player to sign directly with the senior squad when he inked a deal on January 14.
"Our Training Programs have been an excellent resource for the staff to work with and observe many of the area's top youth players," said Tom Torres, Head Scout of Youth Development and Head Coach of the U-16 Academy Team. "Each season, we have seen the overall level of the players improve and we are excited to create the foundation of next season's and future Academy teams."
The Training Program will be conducted during the winter, spring, summer and fall and each session will feature six two-hour long practices over six different weekends. Players will train like D.C. United's Academy and First Team players at the RFK Stadium Complex, and this elite program will feature a competitive environment with a focus on individual technique and tactical understanding. Program participants will also receive a ticket voucher to a D.C. United home game.
If you have any further questions or need assistance, please contact Program Manager Mikael Tigrett at 202-587-5468.
Training Program Details:
Location: RFK Stadium Complex
Age groups: U9-U11 (2001, 2002 & 2003) and U12-U13 (1998, 1999 & 2000)
Tuition: Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall session: $360 (6 sessions-12 hours of instruction);
2013 Package: $1,200 (24 sessions-48 hours of instruction)
2013 Training Program Dates:
Winter Session: Sundays, 4:00-6:00pm
- February 3, 10, 17, 24; March 3, 10
- Make up dates: March 17, 24
Spring Session: Sundays, 5:00-7:00pm
- April 7, 14, 21, 28; May 5, 12
- Make up dates: May 19, 26
Summer Session: Wednesdays, 5:00-7:00pm
- June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; July 7
- Make up dates: July 14, 21
Fall Session: Sundays, 5:00-7:00pm
- September 22, 29; October 6, 13, 20, 27
- Make up dates: November 3, 10
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 23, 2013
- Revs pursue USL PRO affiliation under new partnership - New England Revolution
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls Terminate Contract For Defender Wilman Conde - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas waives Ricardo Villar and James Marcelin - FC Dallas
- Academy Update: 2013 D.C. United Training Program open for registration - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake President Bill Manning Named Major League Soccer Executive of the Year - Real Salt Lake
- College student season ticket packages on sale now - New England Revolution
- MLS and USL PRO Announce Groundbreaking Partnership - MLS
- Sporting KC enters into affiliation with Orlando City SC - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS and USL Pro Announce Groundbreaking Partnership - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Add Trio - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Red Bull Arena Named CONCACAF Gold Cup Venue - New York Red Bulls
- Weekly Update: Red Bulls Begin Preseason Camp In Florida This Week - New York Red Bulls
- Rio Tinto Stadium to Serve as Host for 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Real Salt Lake
- CONCACAF Announces 2013 Gold Cup Host Cities and Venues - Portland Timbers
- CONCACAF Announces 2013 Gold Cup Host Cities and Venues - Houston Dynamo
- Crew Soccer Foundation Unveils Inaugural Kirk Urso Memorial Match - Columbus Crew SC
- Preseason Notebook: Supplemental Draft Offers Depth - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.