Salt Lake Bees Fans Invited to Participate in Bee Healthy Week at Smith's BallparkJune 12, 2014 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Salt Lake Bees
In collaboration with Intermountain LDS Hospital, SelectHealth and the Utah Department of Health, six Bee Healthy Challenges will line the concourse of Smith's Ballpark during games June 19-21. Fans who complete at least four of the six challenges will receive a Bee Healthy T-shirt and entry into a drawing to win autographed Bees items, including a mini-helmet, jersey, bat or baseball. Designed to educate and inspire fans to embrace healthy living, the Bee Healthy Challenges will include:
- LiVe Well Operation Game, a life-size version of the board game "Operation"
- Blood pressure checks
- Health-based social media contests
- Chair yoga
- Body fat analysis
- Healthcare Wheel of Misfortune, a game featuring a large spinning wheel to help educate fans about healthcare reform
As part of the Bees organization's ongoing efforts to encourage youth to stay active and live a healthy lifestyle, players will also lead five clinics during Bee Healthy Week, two of which will be open to Knothole Club members. The clinics will provide youth with a chance to interact with Bees players during a series of baseball drills, along with autograph and photo opportunities.
During the Bee Healthy homestand, All-Star Catering will debut a variety of individual salads and fruit plates as part of its "Fresh Express" menu for fans. Concessionaries will continue to offer healthy choices such as vegetable trays, baked chips and bean and rice burritos at Smith's Ballpark. On Friday, June 20, when the team takes on the Memphis Redbirds, attendees will also receive Bee Healthy water bottles to help them stay hydrated while on the go.
The Bees will host the Memphis Redbirds and the Nashville Sounds during its eight-game homestand June 17-24. Tickets are available at the Smith's Ballpark box office from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., as well as at all Smith'sTix outlets and Smith's Food & Drug Stores. Tickets may also be purchased online with no additional fees at www.slbees.com or by phone at 801-325-BEES (2337).
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 12, 2014
- Round Rock Resilient in Comeback Win - Round Rock Express
- Chihuahuas double-up on New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Zephyrs Fall in El Paso - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Early Deficit Derails RedHawks in 8-5 Loss - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Aces Swept for the First Time in 2014 - Reno Aces
- Sounds Sweep Reno with 12-6 Victory - Nashville Sounds
- Giant Night for Gio in Chasers' Victory - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Storm Chasers June 12th Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Triple-A All-Star Game Voting Reaches Halfway Mark - PCL
- Redbirds Fall Behind Early, Lose 6-3 - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks Game Notes: June 12, 2014 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Salt Lake Bees Fans Invited to Participate in Bee Healthy Week at Smith's Ballpark - Salt Lake Bees
- Fresno Destroys Iowa To Move Within 3.5 Games Of First Place Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Roar Past Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Giant Night for Gio in Chasers Victory - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Wins Wild One in Albuquerque - Round Rock Express
- Monsoon of Hits Lifts Chasers to Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Put up Valiant Effort in 15-8 Loss to Express - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Dropped in Close Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Lose Third Straight One-Run Game in Nashville - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.