Bees to Support Health and Education During Eight-Game HomestandApril 30, 2014 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Salt Lake Bees
When the Bees take on the Reno Aces on May 3, players will wear commemorative caps and jerseys featuring pink ribbons in support of breast cancer awareness and fans will encouraged to help "Pack the Park Pink" by wearing the color of the night. A highlight of the evening will be a blind auction of the player-worn jerseys and caps with all proceeds benefiting HCF. Following the game, jersey buyers will have the opportunity to meet Bees players on the field for photograph opportunities while collecting their player-autographed jerseys. In partnership with the Bees, Swing for Life will also have pink t-shirts available for purchase with all proceeds benefiting HCF. Gates open at 5:35 p.m. and fans will be treated to a fireworks show following the conclusion of the game.
As part of an ongoing effort to honor and thank local educators, the Bees will host "Teacher Appreciation Night" on Tuesday, May 6 when the team takes on the Las Vegas 51s at 6:35 p.m. Admission to the game is free for all teachers when they show their school I.D. at the box office. Teachers may also purchase discounted tickets for family members for just $8.
"Pack the Park Pink Night" and "Teacher Appreciation Night" are part of the Bees organization's year-round community outreach initiatives to support health and wellness, education and youth development.
Bees tickets are available at the Smith's Ballpark box office from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., as well as at all Smith'sTix outlets and Smith's Food & Drug Stores. Tickets may also be purchased online with no additional fees at www.slbees.com or by phone at (801) 325-BEES (2337).
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 30, 2014
- Isotopes Blast Three Home Runs But Fall to Salt Lake 7-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Paulsen Records Three Hits, Three RBI in Sky Sox 5-3 Loss to Memphis - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Express Gets Back on the Winning Track - Round Rock Express
- Express Ride to 5-2 Win in Bricktown - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Snap Four-Game Losing Streak with 5-3 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Twin Wins for Nashville in Twinbill - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs Get Swept in Twin Bill - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RHP Frias Joins Isotopes, C Olivo Called up to Los Angeles - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Comeback Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Fresno Holds Off Late El Paso Rally To Secure Fourth-Straight Win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Diamondbacks Recall Ender Inciarte - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Returns to Dell Diamond Friday - Round Rock Express
- Bees to Support Health and Education During Eight-Game Homestand - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Game Notes: April 30, 2014 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: May 2-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Salt Lake Bees to Support Health and Education During Eight-Game Homestand - Salt Lake Bees
- Cubs and Storm Chasers Rained out Again - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers Rained out in Iowa for Second Straight Day - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Storm Chasers April 30th Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Roll Sacramento, 9-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hester Single Gives Bees Extra Inning Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Rout River Cats 9-2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Win Their Third In A Row Thanks To Schrewd Decision By Manager Bob Mariano - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Drop 11-Inning Affair to Bees 4-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno Too Much for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.